Chapter 22

Serena's POV 

I sat back in the seat in front of the tv, Real Madrid playing a game against Bayern Munich. I played with the blanket, moving it between my fingers, the soft fabric flowing smoothly. Neymar sat next to me on his phone, probably scrolling through twitter. 

He looked tense. I didn't say anything, but you could sense it. He didn't look content, not the usual happy, bright Neymar that I know and love. He turned into the person I don't like seeing in him, mad and upset. But I didn't know what. 

Asking his is out of the question. I was awkward and didn't need anymore awkward conversations this week, because I've had too many. Marc and I went out earlier for breakfast this morning and talked about Neymar and I. I'd rather choke on my food again than roll through that conversation. 

I wondered if he was mad about that. He shouldn't be of course, I knew some people snapped pictures and they were probably online already, but it's not like we were doing anything else than talking or eating. He was a best friend to me. Nothing more, nothing less. 

And my amazing Neymar shouldn't even be jealous of anyone else. I don't look at anyone else other than a friend or family. He was my one and only. But people can't help the way they feel, of course. I just can't stand looking at him so upset. 

So I asked; "What's wrong?" 

He glanced at me, "Nothing."

It was short. Like he didn't have time for anything else and his fingers moved over his phone scrolling down.

I tried again, "I think we both know that's a lie." 

He put his phone down and cocked his head to the side, "Doesn't matter, leave it Serena."

He went back to scrolling. 

"Why are you being like this?" I asked. He glared at me and gave me another warning look. But it just made me frustrated. 

"Can't you man up and talk to your loving girlfriend?"

"Fuck off!" He snapped and laughed, rolling my eyes.

"Someone's on their period." 

"Can't you just leave?"

"Great idea," I stood up, still laughing. "I'll go to Marc's."

"Of course you will! Since you like him more than your own boyfriend." He said angrily. I scoffed.

"You can't say anything when you just asked me to leave. He's a friend and I love you more, but you better bet not by much, not right now. You better watch what you say." I grabbed my Portugal sweater I got from my grandfather that passed away many years ago and slipped on my Nike Frees, walking out the door. 

I drove in my Aventador to Marc's, texting him on my way there. He didn't ask yet, but I knew he'd need the full story after. How could he be so rude? I bet he saw pictures. He should know Marc and I were close friends instead of freaking out on me, being so irrational about it all. 

I chose not to think about it. I just sat at Marc's house watching tv and talking with him on the couch. He was beyond mad at Neymar, and Leo, Gerard, Alexis, Alex, Pedro and Jose came over. I gave them a short recap of what happened, then we ate. And watched football.

I forgot about Neymar. Which was a good thing in itself. I prefer not to dwell on things so small like a little fight, knowing people always get over it, especially couples like Neymar and I- whatever that means. 

|Plane to San Sebastián| 

We were all boarding the plan, Gerard, Marc, Leo, Alexis, and Alex all in the front, looking for a seat in the far back together. Gerard, Marc and I sat in one row with Gerard on the isle because he's huge, then me, then Marc.