Chapter 31

Serena's POV 

"We won, you lost! We won, you lost!" Gerard and Cristian chanted like little losers next to me. I rolled my eyes and put my hand over my ears. 

We lost 1-4 of course, as expected. You can't blame me for not trusting my team against one of the best. Pepe scored on a header into the net, straight by Iker. I wasn't fantastic, I just stood back and took a corner or two. That's how we got the goal, even. But no incredible runs or good footwork or amazing passes. Just... average. Except for one mishap earning Spain a goal.

"Shh, Gerard, she's getting angry." Cristian said as a warning. Gerard took a glance and I chuckled under my breath. Such kids.

"You did great, Rena." Gerard said reassuringly. I nodded my head and took a look at my watch. We should be landing soon, thank god. I can't wait to get home and get bombed online by my playing. Best part of being a football player is being judged by people who probably don't even play.

"Relax." Cris said and I sighed, putting my head into my hands. "You have to realize everyone has a bad game."

"I know, I know. I don't need 'the talk' guys." I told them. The flight attendant checked our seat belts and took our garbage as the plane was about to go down. Neymar was supposed to pick me up.

He's such a good boyfriend. Imagine, just months ago I couldn't stand Barcelona. I think a part of me still does, for making me change everything. My life, my team, my family. For creating so much drama between me and the people I love.

But another part of me remembers how they helped me. Without Neymar, without Barca, I would still be sitting on the bench at a Real Madrid game, watching people run around instead of having an amazing boyfriend and actually playing. Imagine about all the girls I inspire. 

Way to be modest, Serena.

"We're hear." Gerard poked my ribs and handed me my duffel bag from up above our heads and we left the plane quickly, before everyone else since we were first class. We walked through the long tunnels and through to the pick up area. 

No one. No one I knew, no boyfriend, nothing...

"We'll go home together." Gerard said to me and pulled me towards the exit. I followed him out to a black Lincoln car and we slid in together. 

I checked my phone, but nothing showed up, not a text. Just our conversation.

Neymar: Hey babe when r u getting in?

Me: 1:47 pm. 

Neymar: alright see u then

Me: ok bye 

I'm I crazy for thinking that means "i'll pick you up"? Whatever. It's not like it's a big deal anyways. 

|At home|

I waved by to Gerard and thanked the driver. I walked up the steps with my black bag towards the nice, big house. I was tired, sore and angry. Not so much at Neymar, but more my playing. A girl has her priorities. And mine are straight.

I walked through the door and tossed my bag aside on the stairs landing before walking to the living room to the sound of the tv going. Several beer cans rested on the table by the couch where Neymar was sprawled out, probably drunk, watching friendly highlights from today. 

"Um, hey." I said, grabbing a bottle of vitamin water from the fridge.

"Who? Wha- oh." He lifted his head up, showing immense effort to shift, "It's Serena, yeah?" He asked.

"Yes, I'm Serena. And you're Neymar. I'm going to go take a shower." I said slowly. He looked confused but there was no use. I went to the washroom and ran the hot water.

I can't believe he spent his afternoon getting drunk, the little shit. No wonder the guys can't take him seriously sometimes. 

I took a quick shower than sat on our bed with the door locked. I didn't feel like dealing with him right now. I took my phone and texted Marc, wondering what he was doing and if we wanted to go and get an early dinner. He said yes quickly so I dried off and got changed. 

We met downtown at a restaurant he said was good. We sat in a booth in the back of the room. I tighten my ponytail and sighed, placing my chin in my hands.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Neymar pretty much spent his day after getting drunk and forgetting to pick me up, and I had a bad game. So, everything." I replied back. 

"Neymar is..." he thought for a second, "Neymar is special. He gets like this sometimes. We call it his time of the month." 

I chuckled dryly. "Joy." 

"We did warn you."

"Not very well."

"Actually, yes. But you didn't listen."

"You couldn't blame me."

"You thought he was perfect." He raised his eyebrows. "We all told you he was far from perfect."

"He was for a while. One good month of perfectness. But it didn't last." I said.

"No, it didn't." he sighed. 

"Now, now, you don't need to rub it in. He's still an amazing boyfriend and I love him so much. It's a little bump in the road. We'll be fine." I reassured him. Actually, I was reassuring myself, that's more like it. I can't let one thing get me down.

"I'm not that type of girl." I finished my sentence out loud. He looked up and furrowed his brows. 

"What do you mean?" He asked. 

"I'm not the type of girl to freak out over my boyfriend getting drunk. He was probably just relaxing and got caught up in the case of beer. I don't understand why I'm feeling this way; like he's hiding something. He's not. Everyone get's drunk, for fun even. I shouldn't feel this way. I'm not that type of girl." I insisted. 

He looked nothing less than stunned. "You need to relax." 

"I'm am- no I'm not. I'm not relaxed. These two days were bad." I groaned out loud as the waitress sat down our drinks. 

"Rena, everyone has bad days. Bad weeks. Hell, even bad years. Everything is fine." He assured me. I nodded my head and smiled weakly at him. 

"Thank you, Marc." I said.

"I know what I said didn't help. You could at least pretend it is." He said. "I know you're a great actor. I've seen the dives you take on the pitch." He tried to lighten the mood. I don't think it worked. 

"I'm sorry." I said shortly. "Thank you, and I'm sorry." 

**I'm in love with this update actually! I hope you guys like it! 20 votes and 10 comments again? :)**