Chapter 13

Serena's POV 

Neymar grabbed my hand and gave it a tight squeeze as we walked onto the pitch, and he leaned down, giving me a kiss on the cheek, making part of the crowd cheer. The rest booed us. But it didn't matter, I walked to my position and moved my feet up and down on the artificial grass, the same feeling I have before every game. 

That excitement, the butterflies, all while I think about who's watching. The whistle blew and snapped me back to attention while the ball got passed around the mid field, keeping us in possession. The ball got passed to me and I carried it up the field along the line until I got a real challenge, then passed it up to Neymar. 

We lost possession and we scampered to regain it, with sloppy challenges and hard attacks, earning free kicks against us and boos. 

A midfielder near me got the ball and I went to attack, and he caught me out of the corner of his eye and he started forward. I came up behind him, our shoulders barely brushing and he fell to the ground, moaning and groaning, holding his knee in his hands and a fake look of pain on his face. I rolled my eyes and went for the ball, but the ref blew his whistle and pulled out a yellow card.

"Woah, what! I didn't touch him!" I yelled in his face angrily.

"Enough." The ref simply said.

"I don't deserved that! That's bull-" 

"Rena," Leo warned and I glared at the ref before backing down and taking our position for the free kick. I stood in the wall next to Alexis and we headed the ball away, making a breakaway down the net, and I kicked it through the keeper into the net for the first goal. I celebrated, throwing my hands in the air and cheering loudly, putting my hand over the Barcelona crest and pointed to the number on my back, which has become a thing for me.

Leo and I did our thing, and Neymar walked me back, of course. We all have our little things we do for a goal, no matter who scored. So now Leo and I do our handshake and Neymar walks me back with his arm around my waist, and pecks my lips before leaving to our spots on the pitch.

The next challenge I did, I did a perfect slide tackle, getting my ball away with my spikes down and not touching the other player. But he couldn't stop running and tripped over me as I slid past. The whistle blew an the Barca fans booed from the stands and the rest cheered. 

The ref pulled out a red card, shoving it in my face. 

"WHAT?" I yelled, getting up. The team was surrounding the ref, arguing. 

"Spikes were down, I attacked the ball! Nothing happened! He tripped over me after I got the ball away!" I yelled, frustrated. 

"Red card. Get out!" The ref shoved it right in my face, inches away from my nose. I slapped his hand away.

"Don't you dare put that thing in my face! That's disrespect!" I said and his eyes widened.

"I can get you suspended for hitting me!" He said. I gasped and came right into his face. 

"Will I get suspended for this?" I asked, raising my hands up, about to shove him.

"Hey!" An opposing team player grabbed my shoulders and flung me back, and Neymar shoved him off of me onto the turf. Their team was up in Neymar's face, and I fought my way to him, pushing and pulling on jerseys.

The ref started pulling out red and yellow cards for everyone, and Alexis held me back from hitting a player that pushed me right into Neymar's chest. I tried to fight Alexis but it was no use- he was much stronger then me.

I walked off of the field angrily, taking the water jug and throwing it onto the ground, kicked at it, making is explode along the turf. The tension was so thick you could cut it with the knife as I walked off the field with Gerrard, who also got a red for punching another player for grabbing Leo and throwing him head-first into the turf. 

We walked off in silence and went ot the club house, watching the rest of the game. We lost 5-2 after they lost us, and everyone was getting fouled without a single call for us, only against. I walked into the hotel in silence, like i have een since the big brawl. 

I didn't dare open my mouth. Who knows what will come out?

But I saw Neymar walking to me, and I know he won't let me be quiet.

"Switch with Leo and come sleep with meeee." He tugged at my hand but I shook my head.

"No, sorry." I mumbled and opened my door, shutting it tight behind me, leaving Neymar in the dust. I threw my shoes off and changed into short shorts and a tank top, climbing into bed and waited for Marc to turn the lights off. 

I could feel myself falling asleep before he did, and I slept well. Better than I have the past few days, that's for sure. I know that the stuff with Neymar shouldn't have bothered me, but I can't help it, he was so good to me before that. I couldn't of helped when I went away to Madrid, but it needed to be done. He had no permission to be dancing with some random slut because he was mad!

I would never have an affair with a Madrid player, they're my family. I've never had a crush on any of them, and most of them are dating or married, so it's not like I ever had a chance in the first place. Why can't he just understand that in the first place instead of getting so butthurt and making poor decisions? 

But it's in the past. The lingering feeling of betrayal will be gone soon, or so I hope, and we can get back to normal. But I still hear Sergio and Leo warning me to watch him. And if Leo notices something, I should take that information. He's becoming a really close friend to me, same with Gerrard, Alexis, Marc and Victor. I should listen to him, right?

A/N: Can we get five votes on this? Maybe a couple comments too? :)