Chapter 30

Serena's POV 

I tapped my foot on the turf aimlessly until I got bored of that. That really shows how painful this is. You can't begin to comprehend how bad it is to listen to Leo and Neymar argue about what football to use. At this point, I'd use a medicine ball or a brick than listen to these two goofs.

"Shut up!" I screamed, falling onto my ass on the pitch. "Just chose a fucking ball or I will!"

"Listen to your girlfriend!" Alexis shot back to them and I sighed. I got up and walked to the bench and picked up my phone, checking instagram and twitter. I got a text from Sergio Ramos twenty minutes ago that read, The next friendly is Portugal against Spain. See you soon beautiful, when you get your ass kicked.

I laughed and typed back, I think Portugal will be the ones kicking ass. But we both know that's not true. 

"Let's go, Rena!" Cristian called and I looked up. All of the players were separated into our normal teams, Leo, Alexis, Gerard, Calub and I against Neymar, Cristian, Marc, Pedro and Sergi.

"We want first ball!" Neymar said. I groaned and rolled it to him and the imaginary ref blew his whistle to start. We were all jumbled up on the field and just play a normal game and a net with two strides in between. All we had to do it pass it through on the ground or bouncing through them for a goal. Couldn't hit or go over top of the cones and the bounce couldn't be higher than four feet.

Basic rules.

We played around until we got sore and tired. None of us wanted to push to hard because we had games soon and friendly's. 

"Call it a day?" Alexis asked. I nodded my head and gave him a high five before standing next to Neymar as he said bye to Gerard. I gave him a quick hug bye and followed my boyfriend out of the stadium to his car. We were both sweaty, but as I imagined, we were showering at home, together. 

It's become a thing. It's super fun, so you can't blame me! 

"Damn it's so hot out." I whined. Neymar chuckled from the drivers seat while we pulled up to his house. 

"It's not even that hot out. You're just weird." He laughed.

"You're weird." I mocked back. He rolled his eyes and turned the engine off. I was already tired, though. It felt like this day was going on forever.

"I don't want to go and see Fabio." I said sadly.

"Keep your head up." Ney said and I smirked. 

"I know you'll kick his ass if anything happens." I said back and he chuckled.

"I don't think that's a big deal, since Pepe and Cris, especially when the Spain NT will be there too." He kicked off his shoes at the front door and we went into the kitchen to grab a bite to eat. 

"Yeah, they're really protective, like you guys." He tossed me an apple and I took a bite happily out of the juicy apple. 

"It's because you're so damn cute!" He went to pinch my cheeks but I dodged away from him. I ran up the stairs quickly, going into the bathroom. I could hear him slowly walking behind me, so I went ahead and started to strip with the door closed and jumped into he shower.

I could hear the door opening and closing, even with the water running. I smirked and knew he was coming in with me- he just couldn't resist.

|The day before the Portugal NT vs Spain NT friendly| 

"Serena!" Cristiano Ronaldo ran up to me and hugged me. I giggled and hugged him back.

"Welcome back home." Pepe smiled and gave me a quick hug. "Sergio, Iker, and a few others want to meet up tonight to say hi and visit. If that's alright."

"Yeah, totally." I nodded my head and the tea boarded the bus. Fabio didn't even glance at me, we both know it's best to just ignore each other instead of making it worst. Not only does it make us look foolish but it brings the team down and it creates tension.

"Are you excited?" Cris asked. 

"I'm always excited for a friendly match! I suspect the Spain team is near." I replied.

"Same hotel." Pepe laughed from across the isle. 

"That just makes it easier for us to have a visit. I'm missed you guys, like normal."

"We've missed you too. The bench just isn't the same without you. Especially training. We miss you yelling at us so much." Cris teased me. I blushed and punched him lightly. I can't lie, it's true. I was kind of like a coach to my boys. 

"Of course. I was the life of the bench!" I flipped my hair jokingly and we then sat in silence. Half an hour passed and our bus pulled up to a fancy hotel near the stadium. The Spain team was just walking in when I spotted Iker and Sergio. I was first to grab my little duffel bag and I ran up behind my best friends to surprise them.

"Sergio!" I yelled and jumped on his back. He turned around and hugged me.

"Damn, I haven't seen you in so long!" Iker hugged me tightly. 

"You've gotten... bigger." I said, squeezing the best goalkeepers biceps teasingly. 

"I could say the same about you. You look crazy strong now. In fact, I bet you could beat me up now. That's a scary thought." Sergio laughed.

"Oh well, alright then Mister CB, I could beat you too." I raised my eyebrows.

"Keep talking. Why don't you go back to your team and leave ours alone." Sergio said and I stuck out my tongue. 

"Hey Serena." Cristian said from the front of the crowd and waved. I waved back and gave him a bright smile. A lot of the guys from Barcelona were here, Gerard, Victor, Cristian. 

Gerard saw me and walked over next to the guys. They were all friends, no problems. Gerard and I did our little greeting handshake and Cristiano called me back as our team filed in the front doors. I jogged back to them, standing next to Pepe as we slowly crawled into the hotel.

It was nicely furnished and clean. My duffel bag started to get heavy on my shoulder as coach started to hand our room cards with the numbers on a sticky note. Miguel Veloso and I were together in one room, Pepe and Cristiano, and Fabio with André Almeida.

"Serena! We have the party room!" Miguel screamed to me. I laughed and ran up to him, looping my arm in his. 

"Let's party!" I yelled."Woohoo!" I fist pumped. We laughed and ran like little kids to the elevator, pressing the button repeatedly. I haven't seen Miguel forever, and god I love him. He's like the Portuguese version of Sergio Ramos and Gerard Pique combined. So beautiful is what I'm trying to say.

**20 votes, 10 comments please. I appreciate every vote and comment you guys give, and I'm just trying to get this book popular. That way, the more popular and more reads/votes/comments this gets, I can dive into the sequel, which includes a wedding. But who knows who's it will be?!**