Chapter 39

Serena's POV 

"Ronaldo! Ronaldo!" I chanted teasingly. He laughed and hit my shoulder playfully after Real Madrid lost 0-1. Iker played amazing, we were lucky Gerard got that header on the corner close to the end of the game. Victor was also very solid. 

"You did great, Cris." I gave him a fist bump and Gareth, Sergio and Iker came over. 

"Good job, guys." I smiled and hugged the overly- handsome defender. 

"I'm surprised we got through this with only one yellow for each team." Iker laughed and hugged me casually.

"Yeah. Sorry about my flailing arms." I giggled. When Sergio and I were battling for the ball, my arms were everywhere and hit Sergio in the stomach. He dropped to the floor like the Madrid player he was and I argued to the ref, which ended with me getting a yellow. 

The other one was for Pepe. He pushed Victor after he bumped into him getting a ball from a lob across. But of course, Pepe got a card for something. He always does. 

"We better go," Gareth said, smiling at me. I nodded and the three of them left, but Sergio stayed. 

He looked me in the eyes, "You're not the same." 

"I know, Sergio." I mumbled. 

"Remember when I told you Neymar is an ass?" He asked. I nodded my head. "Yeah, well, you better get back together because you both look like utter shit without each other. I can't explain it, no matter what I try. You two just... belong together." 

"I know, Sergio." I said again. "Trust me, I know. But we hardly even look at each other any more. How are we supposed to patch things up when we're like this?" 

"Well, you just don't seem happy, and I can't have what happened six years ago again. My heart can't take that." Sergio pulled me into his chest.

"It was all about nothing. Our fights, they were small and stupid." I whispered. He nodded his head and shushed me.

"You're feelings aren't stupid, Serena. You were both wrong, ad the sooner you two can accept that, the better. You have to take charge. You have to fix this." He told me sternly. 

"I will." I promised. We pulled away and he ruffled my sweaty hair and pushed me lightly towards my team.

"Fix it." He gave me one last smile and wave before returning to his best friends. 

"What did he say to you?" Gerard jogged over to me. 

"He told me the right thing." I told him. We gave me a questioning look but I shrugged him off.

I was crazy, I already knew that. Actually, everyone knew that. I did things without really thinking, like I just got the idea to do something stupid, and I would always follow through with it, no matter how weird, how crazy, or how stupid.

I just have to catch Neymar today, at the team dinner. The WAGS all flew out if they could so we could have it here, in the capital. The managers rented out a huge club to ourselves tonight, so I knew I could catch him in the crowd. 

|The club| 

I walked in with Macy and Cristian, who were getting pretty serious. She dressed me up in a little black dress with an open back, letting my curled hair fall down my back perfectly. Most of the team was already here, dancing to the music. 

"Go get your man." Macy winked.

"How did you know-" She shook me off. I rolled my eyes and followed the wall to the back. Surely enough, there was Neymar, standing in the corner with Jose and Pedro. Jose spotted me making my way over and tapped Pedro's chest, getting them to leave. 

Neymar looked surprised as I walked as swiftly as I could in heels, right up to him. He had a look of surprise, but I still came as close to him as possible and pressed my lips against his. I put my arms around his neck and pulled him closer to me. He responded, kissing me deeply. 

"Serena." He moaned against my lips. I smirked and pulled away from him, but keeping close.

"You're an asshole and I fucking love you." I told him. He chuckled and pecked my lips lightly.

"I love you too, baby. I've been a mess without you." 

"I've felt so empty without you." I whispered. 

"You don't have to feel like that anymore." He pulled me into his chest, hugging me tightly. I laid my head on his shoulder and grasped a bit of his shirt in my hands, smelling his cologne that he knew I loved. 

"I love you, I love you, I love you." He murmured. 

"I get it." I giggled and he kissed my temple.

"Let's just get out of here and get some alone time to talk." He suggested. I nodded and he held my hand through the crowd. Leo look confused, and Marc and Gerard... well. They just look straight up angry.

Macy gave me a thumbs up and handed me a beer which I took happily as Neymar led his way through the dancing people and out the back door. He called a taxi from the street and we piled in together and he gave the driver the address of the hotel. 

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me onto his lap, kissing my lips softly and passionately. 

"I've needed this." He told me and I nodded.

"I know the feeling." I chuckled dryly and the driver pulled up to out hotel. Neymar handed him a bill and we went to my room, the closest one. I flopped down on the bed, throwing Macy's heels off to the side, rolling my ankles. Cleats are much more comfortable.

Now I just have to get out of this dress. I have no idea how. But that wasn't my biggest priority at the moment.

"I want to take this slow." I sat up as Neymar said that. I nodded understandingly.

"I think that's for the best." I agreed. He smiled and sat down next to me, pulling me into his lips once again, but this time, more lustfully and heated. 

I finally had my man back, after a month of emptyness. Finally.

**I'm in actual tears from that WC game of Spain vs. Chile. I can't believe it. It's like they forgot how to play football! I am so disappointed in Spain. Iker looked so sad, and for the most part it wasn't even his fault!

Can we get 25 votes and 15 comments?

Question: Who is your favourite to win the World Cup vs who do you think will win the World Cup?

I'm Portuguese so I'm saying Força Portugal! But then again, I think Brazil or Germany can take this all the way. Even Argentina maybe. Let me know what you think!

-Izzy**