Chapter 3 || Part two

Serena's POV 

I waited outside until I spotted Neymar's car pulling up front by the hotel. I jogged over to his car and slid in, my bare legs touching the cool leather making me shiver. I adjusted my high waisted shorts and cardigan while he drove away down the otherwise dark street with the lamps lighting the way.

"Where are we going?" I asked. I knew his house was the opposite way as he drove further towards the coast. 

"I thought we could go grab a drink and a bite to eat then walk on the beach afterwards." He explain. 

"Sounds perfect to me." I smiled and he grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers together as the wind coming from the open windows blew back my pony tail.

"Just like you." He smirked. 

"Very smooth." I said sarcastic and he chuckled. 

"Have I ever seen those shorts?" He asked. 

"I don't think so, I bought them a week ago but never wore them." I said. He nodded his head, leaning back in his seat with one hand on the wheel and the other holding mine tightly. 

"It's really lonely at home." He sighed. "The house is so empty." 

"You should get a dog." I suggested. 

"Gee, Serena, what a great idea. Because I could totally just own a dog for a week or two then just get rid of it." 

"Neymar, we'd just bring it home with us, dumbass." I rolled my eyes. 

"I don't feel like taking care of a puppy, though." He glanced at me, then took the corner sharply down the main road. 

"I'm sure you could find a trained puppy that's around one or something, that you could leave at home for a bit and it won't shit everywhere." I said as we parked in front of the small pub. Only a few cars are parked outside, but I could see movement inside the restaurant. 

"We can think about it back in Barcelona." he offered. 

I nodded my head understandingly, "Whatever makes you happy, Ney Ney." I couldn't help but smirk. 

"You're a looser." He laughed. 

"So are you." I raised my eyebrows, "That's why I love you." 

"I love you too." He said and kissed my cheek. "Let's go in, I'm starving."

He met me at the front of the car and grabbed my hand, leading me inside. People were talking over the quiet music with food and drinks in hand as they laughed in their groups. He waved to one of the waiters, so I figured they knew each other.

Neymar lead me to the patio that was empty since the air was a little chilly, and we sat next to each other on the grey couch. He put his arm around me as another shiver ran down my spine from the cool air and he held me close to his warm body. 

"You should've dressed a little warmer." He mumbled into my hair, "Not that I'm complaining."

"I know. I thought it would've been cooler. And we wouldn't be outside so close to the beach." I explained. The waiter walked over and Neymar ordered us two beers, since he knew I never really drank anything else. 

"What do you want to eat?" He asked quietly to me. I shrugged and looked up at him. 

"I'm fine with anything." I told him.

He looked back up to the waiter, "We'll just share the pasta bowl." 

I furrowed my brows and looked to him. Usually the both of us eat a lot of food. 

"They're big portions." He explained and I nodded my head. 

"That makes sense." I said. 

We sat in silence for a couple minutes, listening to the waves crash against the sand and the distant music and laughs along the beach. I sighed happily, soaking up every bit of this perfect scene with Neymar, not wanting to ever move. 

"I love you so much." He mumbled to me, squeezing my against his body. 

"I love you too, Neymar." I whispered. 

"I'm so happy you're mine." He continued on, "I'm the luckiest guy in the world." 

"I wouldn't say that..." I trailed off. 

"Why not? I'm doing the thing I love with the woman I love, I have everything I'll ever need in life." He explained. I didn't reply, just nodded my head.

More minutes passed, and the waiter placed our beers down, but I didn't touch mine. I shivered again when a gust of wind blew by, and I snuggled closer to Neymar. We didn't talk for five minutes, which is weird because we usually can never stop talking. 

"I'm scared." I whispered.

I took him by surprise, "Of what?" 

"I never want to take all of this for granted." I explained. "I never want to just go through the motions, you know?"

"I understand, Rena." He nodded. 

"Someone once told me that when they started playing football for many years, they just thought of it as a job, not as a... as a gift. I never want to loose the feeling I get when the whistle is a bout to blow. I never want to loose the butterflies in my stomach, or the feeling of accomplishment when I do something new in my career. I don't want all of this to just be a part of my normal life." 

"Shh, Serena. I know. That will never happen to you, you love what you do to much. Some people just do it after a while, it's not special anymore. But that won't happen." 

"I guess." I muttered, leaning my head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry."

"You don't need to apologize, Rena." He chuckled. 

"I love you." I said again, a small smile tugging at the corner of my lips. 

"I love you too." He replied. "I love you more than everything." 

** Hey guys, I hope you liked this chapter, thank you for ALL the comments and messages! 

I linked one of my favourite songs on the side, if you want to listen to that you're more than welcome too. 

Vote/comment/share!

Thank you for reading! xx