Chapter 43

Serena's POV

I sat between Neymar's legs on the couch as the TV replayed some of Barcelona's highlights. Neymar and I were evenly mixed between Leo being amazing and our goalkeepers being badass. I sighed as he played with my hands in my lap.

Thiago was out catching up with some old friends, and he told us not to wait up for him, so we took the night to ourselves, sitting on the couch together. I couldn't be happier, honestly.

I could feel him rest his head on my shoulder, his hot breath fanning my neck. I was starting to get tired, like I could fall asleep in his lap right now, even with the TV going.

"I love you," he whispered, sending chills down my spine.

"I love you so much." I said back, settling more into a position where I could look at him. My hand rested on his chest as I gazed lovingly into his eyes.

"I'm sorry for everything I've ever done wrong to you. I can't loose you, not again."

"We're past that now, remember?" I told him. "Don't worry, I was in the wrong too."

"I have no idea how I got a girl as amazing as you." He leaned forward, kissing my forehead. I blushed and leaned back onto his body.

"Don't act like I'm some kind of goddess, Ney." I giggled.

"You are in my eyes." He smirked and turned off the TV.

"Do you want to go to bed?" He asked.

"Yeah," I yawned, "It's getting pretty late."

"Alright, beautiful." He scooped my up with him, carrying me bridle style up the carpeted stairs to our bedroom, laying me down softly on the king size bed. I felt like a princess.

Or should I say goddess?

We kind of just fucked around for the entire day, since we didn't have anything to do. I yawned loudly and buried my head in the pillow, knowing I would have to wash my face and change into comfy clothes to sleep in, but that just seems like so much effort.

I was also hungry. But I'm always hungry.

|Next day|

Any moment now, Gerard and Marc would be here to pick me up. Neymar's deal didn't go through the way his manager wanted it, so he would be in boring meetings all day. The guys said they'd take me out to the stadium with most of the Spain crew so we could scrimmage.

All the squad flew out here a couple days ago, so Vincent could fit in training before the Cup. That means Sergio, Iker and Xabi would be here! I can't wait to see them.

I heard Gerard honk from out front, so I grabbed my cleats and ran in my socks down the steps and towards the car. I opened the back door and threw my bag in, and slid in next to it.

"Hola, Rena." Marc chuckled looking back at me.

"Hey handsome, what's up?" I teased back. He rolled his eyes and Gerard swiftly pulled out of the propriety.

"How are you this morning?" Gerard asked.

I shrugged my shoulders, "It's the same as every morning."

"So, sassy and arrogant?" Marc laughed. I faked a gasp and leaned forward, hitting his shoulder with my hand.

"Puta." I laced up my cleats and wiggled my feet, loving my comfy cleats. The guys always changed cleats every game, but I always kept the same pair until I couldn't wear them anymore. It's bad luck to change them so much!

"Are you excited to see your friends from Madrid?" Gerard asked me.

"Of course! Those guys are the best." I clapped my hands. "You guys like them, right?"

"Yeah, they're great guys. I like Xabi, he's really nice." Gerard nodded. Damn straight.

"Anyways, so we're just going to scrimmage today. Just so we can all get a good touch before the actual training tomorrow. So don't go overboard, Serena." Marc warned.

"I know, I know." I rolled my eyes. "I'll be good today, I promise."

"Good, because sometimes we get worried." Gerard said.

"Like what if she wondered off by herself and got lost in the big stadium?" Marc exclaimed.

"She could hurt herself." Gerard said worriedly.

"You know how she likes to talk to strangers." Marc told him.

"That's just way to dangerous for our little Rena." They joked.

"Ugh, guys. Shut up!" I laughed. We pulled into the parking lot and I followed the two assholes (I love them) into the stadium, up to the pitch. I spotted Sergio and Iker talking to the over guys and I ran up to him and hugged him.

"Rena!" He said surprised. "It's so good to see you!"

"Quit being so formal, you asshat." I rolled my eyes and hugged Iker.

"Where's Xabi?" I asked. Sergio pointed to where Xavi and Xabi (the announcers always mix them up) and hugged him.

"Hey Serena." He smiled. "Are you ready for the cup?" He asked.

"Fuck yeah!" I clapped my hands excitedly. For them, this wasn't their first time in the World Cup. For me, this was the most exciting thing ever.

"Hey, Xavi." I smiled to me old friend. He was so nice. And good and football, of course. That's kind of important, I guess.

"Hey. Where's the boyfriend?" He asked.

"In meetings. Poor guy." I laughed. "I'm just glad it wasn't me!" I glanced around the stadium. Most of the squad was here, meaning we could start soon. I don't think we have enough players to field an entire field, so we'll have plenty of space to run with the ball.

"Let's get started!" I yelled out to everyone. They formed a semi circle and I offered to be a captain, and Marc was the other. I chose my boys first, with Iker, Gerard, Sergio, Xavi, Fernando, David, and Xabi. We're going to kick ass really soon.

**Sorry, this is quite boring. I'm just filling this up with fillers until my plan unfolds, so just stick with me!

I can't believe how Spain played today! Why couldn't they have done that before? And Torres, Villa and Mata?! Why couldn't they have played? Goodness!

Who is your guys favourite midfielder? Mines Xabi Alonso and Angel Di Maria! And Miguel Veloso.

-Izzy**