Chapter 26

Serena's POV 

I tossed the blankets off my sweaty body and bounced out of bed, my bare feet hitting the ground. I reached over and switched on the light, seeing it was just 8:28 am. Neymar groaned beside me and reached out for my waist and tugged me down again, but I refused.

"We have training, handsome." I reminded him and smirked. He looked exhausted from the late photo shoot. I knew he'd rather be at home than doing things like that but when you're so beautiful, you have responsibilities. 

I picked up my phone off the bedside table and saw that I got a text from Alexis. 

Training is half an hour earlier at 8:30! Just a reminder. Shit! I shoved Neymar hard and he almost toppled off the bed.

"What was that for?" He asked.

"Training starts at 8:30!" I said panicked. I picked up my phone and a pair of Neymars basketball shorts and we ran out quickly, myself braiding my hair in a french braid as he drove down to the stadium. 

"I can't believe this, why would we only hear about it now!" He said, hitting the driving wheel as it turned 8:35. "Why would it be this early?" 

"Just drive, Neymar." I said sadly. "We'll be there in three minutes." 

"Yeah, alright." He grabbed my hand and squeezed it, stopping at a short red light. 

"I'm so glad I have you." He chuckled and gunned it down the road towards the stadium. We parked in the back and the security guard let us in after showing our passes (it's protocol) and we sprinted to the change room to put on our gear and lace up our boots quickly. 

"You're late!" Tata called and we sprinted to the group of people. Alexis had a smirk on his face as I ran up next to him. 

"Got my text?" He whispered.

"Maybe." I smirked back. 

"So, since you guys missed the explanation of the drill, we're doing two on offense vs four on defense, with a goalkeeper. The point is lot's of passing and moving on a break away. Offense has until they loose possession for more than seven seconds. Understood?" he said. Neymar and I nodded and Victor stood at the net. 

"I want Neymar and Alexis together, Leo and Serena, Xavi and Cristian. Defenders are Marc, Gerard, Dani and Martin on defense. Everyone else, get out and go to the weight room and work out. Understood?" We went into our groups and Ney and Alexis went together first, then Leo and I, then the last group. 

Tata blew his whistle and several coaches stood on each side, and the keeper coach directing Victor with positions. Alexis brought the ball up until Gerard stuck on him like glue, and passed it over to Neymar who was trying to open up a hole into the middle.

"NO! STOP!" One of the coaches yelled. Tata blew his whistle and the jogged to a stop and looked at the coach who yelled. He stood there for a couple seconds, shaking his head. 

"Alexis, why are you waiting until Gerard is on you so much? It's making the job harder for Neymar." He explained. He rolled Alexis a ball and told them to start again. This time, they moved up the field more effectively with better ball movement. 

"Yes!" Tata yelled as Alexis got a beautiful finish past Victor. They jogged back together and I high fived my boyfriend and Leo and I went, without problems. We laughed and we went up. We went through the circulation, until we all got through it no problems and almost- perfect.

"Well done, men!" Tata called. "And Serena, I guess." He laughed. "See you all at the game, Friday." 

We walked off the field, all sweaty and tired, even sore. I leaned into Neymar's side when we sat down on the bench to take off our boots and sin guards. I sighed and he kissed my temple lovingly, rubbing my arm up and down and squeezing my body against his. 

"I love you so much, you have no idea." He whispered into my ear. 

"I love you more than anyone can." I said back and kissed his neck lightly. We stood up together and walked to the change room. He tickled my side a little and I dodged away from his reach.

"Hey!" I giggled. He pouted and reached out and signaled for me to come back. I came into his chest and he rocked us back and forth. His hands moved down to my sides and tickled, but keeping a grip. I wrestled away from him and ran a little bit.

"You suck." I said. 

"Just a minute ago you said you love me." He smirked.

"Yeah well, whatever." I stuck my tongue out and ran off the pitch before him. I could hear him say something to Alexis, but I jumped on Gerard's back. 

"What cha' doin'?" He laughed. I giggled and wrapped my arms around his neck and he walked into the change room. He placed me down in my corner and I sat down, placing my training gear in the basket to wash. 

"Looser." Marc laughed and I threw my sweaty towel at him.

 "Rena!" He whined. I grabbed my towel back and threw it in the bin. Neymar walked in with Alexis laughing hard about something and he winked at me. I rolled my eyes and stood up, throwing me draw-string bag on and padded out of the room so the boys could start to change. 

They were all very respectful of my privacy and I am very thankful of that.

"Wait up, Rena!" Marc yelled and caught up with me. 

"What is it?" I asked.

"Do you want to come over and play Fifa with Gerard, Alexis, Leo, Dani and I?" 

"Yeah, sounds fun!" I replied. 

"Okay, come over as soon as you can." He smiled and gave me a brief hug. I love Marc. 

As a friend, of course!

** Must get 15 votes for the next chapter! **