Chapter 23

**For the next chapter, this part must receive at least 10 LIKES and 3 COMMENTS!**

Serena's POV

I laughed as Gerard fell of the bed onto his face, his phone sliding across the floor. I scared him by pouring water over his face because he wouldn't wake up.

"RENA!" He screamed, scrambling up from the floor and searching for his phone. "What the hell?"

"Sorry, Ge, but you wouldn't wake up." I faked innocent and flopped back down onto the bed. 

"I'll get you back," he warned and I shrugged. 

"Good luck with that." I replied. "Now get ready, the warm up is in ten." I told him and he rushed to get up, grabbing his things and leading the way to the lobby. I avoided Neymar who refused to even glance in my direction, but I didn't care. I think the fact that I'm rooming with another person made him angry.

"Why are you so wet?" Marc asked Gerard. 

"Because my roommate sucks and poured water on me." He glared my way and I smiled. 

"He wouldn't wake up." I explained.

Marc nodded, "That's why I don't share a hotel room with this monster." 

We filed onto the bus one by one, Marc, Gerard, Leo, and I in the front so we can get a seat in the back win the four-seater. We sat down and the ride was short to the stadium. It was nice, pretty big, but not as big as ours. I had my choice of cleats, of course. I chose the new Adidas, lacing them up and running out onto the pitch with Victor to warm him up.

Everyone else got cones set up by the trainers and ran through them, doing high knees and kicks. I kicked the ball lightly to Victor and he did more collapse saves like last time. It felt like Deja Vu for some reason. I looked around the empty stadium as Victor went to to get new gloves.

The seats were empty and all the concessions were doing last minute stock ups for when the crowds roll in, jerseys being set up to buy and much more. Now the rest of the team were dribbling around, Real Sociedad was on the other side, doing their own thing. 

I felt excited. I cracked my knuckles and Victor came back and we finished warm up quickly. I went with the team and kicked around the ball a bit, then the fans really started rolling through all in Sociedad jerseys, just a few in Barça ones. 

"You ready?" Leo asked. 

I nodded, "I'm always ready to play!" 

"That's right, you are." he laughed. Time passed by quickly, and time was up. I went up for the coin toss and shook hands like I do every time, big smile plastered onto my face, and we got first ball. By the time the first half started, I felt like I was home again. And it was good. 

|Second half|

"GET OFF!" I yelled, a big goalkeeper crushing my leg as the ball rolled into the back of the net, the winning goal I scored. I slid in, sending the ball passed the goalkeeper, but he dove onto my leg, and you could hear the crack over the loud crowd. 

Leo pulled him off of me quickly and the medics came onto the field, my ankle bent in a weird way. I hissed in pain and held it, the harsh, seering pain running up my leg. 

"Help," I whimpered and Marc knelt beside me and held my hand tightly. Neymar was in the back of the crowd like an asshole. They loaded me onto the carrier and walked me off of the field, bringing me to the back. It was obviously broken, I couldn't move it and it wasn't in the right place. It looked off.

Well, shit.

Neymar's POV 

I watched as they carried my girl off of the field, tears staining her cheeks. Her ankle looked bad. 

Marc looked like a lost puppy, watching her get carried off the field like that. I gagged and walked past him, brushing his shoulder and sending him a look. 

"Get over yourself. You lost her already." He challenged me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"You know damn well what I'm talking about. You think there's something between Serena and I." He said to me. "But there isn't. She's my best friend, and I have a girlfriend anyways. While you continue to be an asshole to her, everyone else is here for her and being a good friend. So take a lesson from us. She doesn't need you." 

I stood there stunned. How could he say something to me like that? I didn't even know he had a girlfriend to be completely honest. And yes, I did think there was something between them. And I was here for her! I love Serena. But I don't like how she's always around the other men. But it's not like she had that many options.

Everyone walked back to the middle and got in our places, someone else coming in for Rena. It was still a goal, and we had five minutes left. Hopefully, we can hold them. it was just 2-1 for us. And it will be difficult without Rena on the pitch, that's for sure. 

|After the game|

Serena's POV

I sat next to Marc on the bus, with my ankle wrapped and in a cast and my crutches next to me. I sighed loudly and leaned back on the chair, muttering "fuck" under my breath.

"How long until it's healed?" Leo asked form across the isle. 

"A month, then I can get back to playing." I said. It was a bad fracture, but not a break. They were happy, because fractures heal the quickest out of a sprain and break. I felt like shit. I was letting my team down.

"But hey, we won because of that goal. We're doing really well." Marc tried and I nodded. 

"I know. But I wish this didn't happen." I replied and leaned my head on his shoulder. 

"It'll be fine, Rena. Don't worry." Cristian said and chuckled dryly. 

"Whatever you say..." I trailed off as we pulled up in front of the hotel. Gerard helped me out of the bus and handed me my crutches and a few of us headed toe the restaurant. Neymar hadn't even said a word to me. But that wasn't on my mind right now. 

**This chapter must get 10 LIKES and 3 COMMENTS. If you guys can do that, I'll make a super long update like last time! Go go go! And did anyone watch the Champions League final? Holy crap! Madrid really pulled through last minute. It was crazy!

I hop you enjoyed this little twist,

Izzy.**