100

Eve POV

I hate cops.

They're the definition of useless.

They told Harry and I there is no proof of John committing any of these crimes, but they'll still keep a look out for who is.

Are they being serious? Of course it's John doing all of these things, who else would it be? Some random guy isn't going to be tracking my phone or leave notes saying 'always watching'.

"I'll meet you at the house at five," I tell Harry. I'm dropping Ava off at my Dads while we're going to be installing the cameras at our home.

"Okay," He says while kissing me goodbye.

Harry says goodbye to Avery before he leaves. He has to do something for work, so we decided we'd just meet at the house at five. He said there is something he needs to pick up at the post office for the publishing office, so it works out.

"Ready to go see Grandpa?" I ask my daughter who nods with a smile. She gives all the dogs kisses before we leave the hotel. It's four o'clock now, by the time we get to my Dad's it will be 4:30.

I pick up my daughter and hold her against me. Her hair is in a half up half down look, which I think makes her look very cute. It brings out her brown curls which I love.

"Do you think we can go home soon?" Avery asks me. Her fingers play the loose strands of hair I have.

"Very soon, I promise," I assure her. My daughter nods against me and she kisses my cheek. She's been asking why she can't play with the dogs at home, so Harry and I said we have an ant problem that needs to be controlled.

"I love you Mommy," She says while holding onto me more.

"I love you more darling," I say as we step into the empty elevator.

***

I arrived to my Dad's around 4:30, as I said I would. There was a little traffic getting to the house, because there was a car accident. So, I'm ten minutes late, which I think is okay considering we're just signing papers and waiting for the man or woman to install the cameras.

I pull up into my driveway and see Harry's car  here.

I put my phone in my jean pocket and pull my hair into a messy bun. I feel like a hot mess today, and I hate it. I walk up the porch steps and open the door that's already unlocked. I step into the cold house and close the door behind me.

I see Harry standing in the foyer. His eyes look tense and sharp. He looks over to me and speaks. "Is Avery at your Dad's?" His voice is low and almost in a whisper.

"Yep," I say with a small smile.

"Good, now leave and call the cops," He says in a mumble. I open my mouth to speak but he continues. "Leave, now," His green eyes widen at me.

My mind is racing and I feel sick. I reach for the door handle but my body goes numb from someone speaking. "Oh, isn't it my favourite girl," I hear a familiar voice say causing my heart to drop. My breaths turn shaky and my eyes sting.

I turn around and see John. He's standing a few feet away from us, which makes me feel uncomfortable.

My hands start to shake more and I look over to Harry. He looks calm, but his eyes look scared. My husband moves closer to me but stops when John speaks.

"Touch her, and I'll shoot you," My blood runs cold and my eyes sting. I see a gun tucked into his jeans, making my heart race.

This can't be happening.

A://N

Okay , last chapter of the night hehe

Comment goal: 50?

Ty for reading !!

~lauren