102

Eve POV

My hands are shaking furiously now and my body is in complete shock from what just happened.

I keep applying pressure to Harry's bullet wound and look over to John who looks confused. "What am I doing here?" He asks making my eyebrows furrow. His brown eyes look at me then to Harry. "Did I shoot him?" 

"Yes," I say angrily. I take my phone out of my pocket and attempt to dial 9-1-1. My fingers are trembling while pressing the two numbers. I press my phone against my ear and wait for them to answer. 

"9-1-1 what's your emergency?" I hear a woman's voice say sweetly.

"Hi, um my husband has been s-shot," I say through shaky breaths.

"What's your address ma'am?" She asks me.

I give her the address and she tells me they'll be here very soon. I put my phone beside me and look down to Harry who looks more tired. "Are you in pain?" I ask. "That's a stupid question, don't answer that," I say.

I glare over to John who looks scared and confused. "I-I don't know why I'm here," John says through a shaky voice.

"Well, you said you wanted to take me," I repeat what he said a few minutes ago. "You don't remember coming here at all?" I ask while swallowing the lump in my throat. I keep putting pressure to Harry's chest. 

"No, all I remember is taking a shower," He pauses. "Wait, what month is it? I just got out of jail, right?" My face heats by his sentence and my head shakes. 

"No, it's been two years since you got out, almost three," I answer in a low voice.

John starts shaking his head and his eyes look welled up from where I am. "They m-made me do this. They keep making me do these things," He says through tears.

"Is they the voices?" I ask timidly. He nods while covering his hand with his mouth.

His brown eyes look to the gun in his hand, then he looks to me. "I'm sorry I keep hurting you, Eve. I never wanted to in the first place," John's voice cracks. His shaky hand pulls the gun up and points it at himself.

Those are the last words he says before putting the gun to his head and pulling the trigger. I close my eyes by the sound and flinch. 

I don't look at John's lifeless body, I just look to Harry. "How are you feeling?" I ask. 

"Tired," He fidgets in my hold. 

"I could've went with him," I say in a low voice.

"Either way he was going to shoot me, Eve," Harry says in a murmur. His green eyes look into mine. "Aren't you glad we signed those contracts years ago?" A crooked smile goes on his pale lips. I shake my head.

"We're not going to talk like you're dying," I say while holding his hand. "Because you're not," 

"Okay," He lets out a small sigh. "But uh, tell Avery I-"

"You're not dying," I cut him off. My eyes are stinging with tears. 

"Eve-" His head tilts a little on my lap. 

"I refuse to let you die," I say causing him to chuckle. I lean down and kiss his forehead. I keep applying pressure, but I push too hard causing him to groan. The bullet shot is near his heart, which makes me more emotional. "I'm sorry this happened to you," I say with a quivering lip.

"It's not your fault," His voice seems more low and tired sounding. "I think in my proposal I said I would take a bullet for you anyways. Who knew I was predicting our future?" I shake my head and close my eyes.