104

Eve POV

I'm at my Dad's house now. Staring at Harry's un-awake body was giving me anxiety, so I left for a bit. Plus, I miss my daughter. Seeing her, I think will make me happy. I need my little bundle of joy now anyways. 

My Dad greets me at the front door with a gentle smile and tight hug. He doesn't say anything about Harry being shot, which I'm thankful for. I'm not ready to talk about it. Whenever I do talk about it, I break down crying.

I soon see Avery running up to me. I kneel down and let her small arms go around my neck. "Hi Mommy," She says happily. Her voice sounds sweet and kind, which makes me smile. 

"Hi darling," I say with a little relief in my voice. I hold onto her small body tightly and close my eyes. I soon break away from our hug and run my hands down her curls. I kiss her forehead and force myself to smile for her sake. 

"Where's Daddy?" She asks me. Her light hazel eyes look into mine. Right now, her eyes look more green than hazel. I think when she's older she might get Harry's eye color rather than mine. Her deep dimples appear on my cheeks making my eyes sting. 

"He's um," I pause. "Taking a nap," I come up with. Avery nods and licks her lips.

"He's at home?" She asks me. 

"No," I say in a low voice. "Did you have fun with Grandpa?" I ask, changing the topic. Ava nods and smiles more.

"We made cupcakes last night," She says happily. Her dimples are still on her cheeks, which makes me think a lot of Harry.

"What kind of cupcakes?" I ask her.

"Chocolate and vanilla," My daughter answers with a grin. "I saved a chocolate one for you and vanilla one for Daddy," I bite my lower lip and grin softly. 

"Thank you," I say while ruffling her curls. Her arms hook around me again and I hug her back. I kiss her cheek, making her giggle against me. "Can we chat for a minute?" I ask her.

"Yes," She says. Avery pulls away from our hug but stands close to me. 

"You're going to be staying with grandpa for a few days," I tell her. My fingers play with her hair. 

"Oh," Avery says. "Why?" Her head tilts at me a little. 

"Mommy has some things going on right now, but everything will be fine. Grandpa is going to watch you for a few days so I can figure these things out," I explain.

"But I'll miss you a lot," She pouts, making my heart pinch.

"I'll see you everyday," I assure her. "You just won't see me a lot like before, but I'll make sure you see me everyday, okay?" She nods and kisses me. 

"Will I see Daddy everyday too?" Avery asks me. Her eyes look into mine. I bite my lower lip, refraining the tears that want to leave my eyes.

"Maybe," I murmur. "He's in a serious nap," 

"Oh," She says, not understanding. "Can we go play with my dolls?" I nod with a gentle grin.

***

I return to the hospital around three in the afternoon. I had a doctors appointment and one, which was to see if I am pregnant, which I am. I'm two months along currently. 

I walk into Harry's room and my eyes land on two nurses by his bedside, as well as his main doctor. My eyebrows knot to why they're all in here at once. I look to my husband and see a tube down his throat, as well as new machines near him. My eyes pinch and my hands begin to tremble.

"Wh-Why does he have a tube down his t-throat?" I manage to ask them. Seeing the tube attached to all these machines makes his condition seem more serious, rather than him looking like he was just sleeping.

"Why you were gone, he started to code," The doctor informs me, causing my heart to pinch. His voice is low sounding, but sincere. 

"Like, the dying type of code?" I ask. They all remain silent, but the one nurse nods. I look away from them and shake my head. 

They soon leave the room to give me the space I need. I sit beside Harry and look at his body. I hold onto his hand, and find it's cold still. I hate seeing him like this. I thought the last time I would ever have to see him in a hospital bed is when he passed out due to his blood pressure.

"So," I start speaking. "How are you doing?" I ask my husband. All I hear is the machines beeping and or working. "Well, I hope you're going good, because you need to wake up very soon," My fingers play with his. "You've been uh in this form of coma for not even a day, and I miss you a lot," I lick my lips and feel my eyes stinging again.

"Please wake up soon," I say. "If not for my sake, but for Avery's. She needs her Dad," I bite my lip that starts to tremble. I kiss his knuckles and close my eyes. "And, I'm pregnant by the way," I add. "I'm two months, so um, you officially made a baby without having the condom break," I joke making my heart pinch. "I love you Harry, please come back to me," I place his hand down beside his body, and wipe my eyes that have tears forming in them.

I lean back in the chair I'm siting in and close my eyes. 

A://N

helloooo

this book is close to 300k reads which amazes the FUCK out of me

i'm excited for up coming chapters ;)

comment goal: 60?

~lauren