14

Harry POV

I stare at my Dad who stares back at me.

"Harry?" He says. His voice low and his eyebrows are knotted.

"Hi," I say plainly. His eyebrows go back to normal and he just looks at me. "You busy?"

"No, not at all. Come in," He opens the door for me more and I hesitantly go inside.

It's a nice house in the inside which I didn't doubt. Photos are on his white walls as well.

They're of his two kids, I don't know their names.

"Can I get you anything?" My Father asks me timidly.

"No, I'm good," I say. My eyes look around his house still. He looks like he's doing well for himself.

"What uh brings you by?" He asks me.

"I don't know if I'm being honest," I say. "I just had questions,"

"Oh," Des says. His light green eyes look at me. "Feel free to ask them,"

"I met Rachel," I find myself saying. The smile soon leaves his mouth and his hand runs through his hair.

"How?"

"Um, my girlfriend's Dad is dating Zoe," I answer. "She's a sweet girl," I say. Des remains silent and looks away from me. "Why'd you leave her too?" I ask.

"Is it your business?" He seems defensive now.

"No, but I don't want to see another daughter of yours growing up wondering why she wasn't good enough for her Dad to stay," I say while looking at him.

"I'm not proud of my past, but I believe what I did wrong put me where I am today. I have a wonderful relationship with my wife and have two beautiful kids,"

"Are your three other kids considered ugly then?" I ask.

Des makes eye contact with me. "I left your Mother because I wasn't good then, okay? I was addicted to cocaine and I was a mess," He tells me.

"What about Rachel? What's your excuse for leaving her?"

"Zoe was a one night stand," He answers. "Me and Lisa, my wife now, were on a break, I got drunk at a bar and met Zoe and Rachel was conceived. I stayed for three years to help out when she was a baby, but after that I left because my wife was getting suspicious."

"So Lisa doesn't know you have another kid?"

"She does know," Des answers.

"And she was alright with you just not being in Rachel's life?" I ask curiously.

"She wanted me to stand up and be there for her but I didn't want to be," I shake my head and bite down on my jaw.

"Okay," I say causally.

"Life's treating you well huh? Mr. CEO and all," He changes the topic.

"Yep," I say. "I have it good,"

"That's good. Everything worked out alright for you then. How's Gemma?"

"You can ask her that," I say. His eyes stare at me. "I'm just here because I wanted to know,"

"Know why I left you? Or Rachel?"

"You didn't leave me because I don't ever remember you being there," I say. "And I wanted to know your excuse for leaving your other daughter,"

"If you were in my position you'd understand,"

"I don't shove my dick in random women, so I wouldn't know. But I did have a daughter when I was eighteen and didn't leave," I say. My voice is becoming tense. "So, I guess I was in your position almost,"