26

Harry POV

It's been a week since Doug died and Eve is slowly getting better.

Yesterday when she got home from work, she didn't go straight to bed. She hung out in the living room with me, so I suppose that's good.

I've been pushing her to eat though. If she had it her way she'd only have a bowl of cereal and call it a day. At lunch during the week, I sit beside her at her desk and make sure she eats. I hope Eve eats more soon though. I don't think it's good for the baby that she's not eating a lot.

When Daren stopped by last week, she didn't really talk. She acted the same when Mason, Ethan, and her Dad came over as well. All of them are worried about her.

"Anna is sick," I say to Eve. I just got off the phone with her and she was coughing up a lung. "Did you want to go out for dinner?" I ask.

"Can we eat in?" My girlfriend asks. "I don't feel like going anywhere," She presses a pillow against her chest and looks me in my eyes.

"You can pick the restaurant," I come up with.

"Is Taco Bell considered a restaurant? They have a drive thru,"

"That's a fast food place," I say.

"What were you thinking then?" She asks me. Her voice lowers a bit.

"Champs maybe? It's close by," I come up with.

"Okay," Eve agrees. I smile gently and lean in and kiss her cheek. Her gloomy eyes look back to the TV. "When did you want to go?"

"At seven?" I ask. It's 6:45 now.

"Sounds swell," My girlfriend says. She still has the couch pillow pressed against her chest. Her chin rests on the side of the pillow and she stares forward. 

I feel like Eve has anxiety issues. I've always felt like she had this problem. She gets very anxious with simple things. Like in traffic she gets very anxious. This past week she's been showing the most anxiety. I feel like it's because she doesn't have Doug anymore. That was like her comfort blanket in a sense. 

I go upstairs and change into something that isn't sweatpants. As I change I think about how It's March now. 

We didn't do anything for our anniversary. I didn't even bring it up. I completely forgot. "Fuck," I spit under my breath. 

Maybe Eve forgot too. I hope she did so I don't feel that bad. I just won't bring it up. Or should I? This just adds onto the reasons why I'm the worst boyfriend. 

Eve POV

Harry and I are at the restaurant now. I sip my Pepsi and look at Harry who's staring at me with the same soft eyes he has been this past week.

"I made an appointment to see the house for Wednesday," He tells me. It's Monday now.

"Okay," I say. "What made you want a house instead of an apartment?" I ask curiously. 

"I don't know," He says while leaning back in the booth. "I just thought having a house would be better considering you're pregnant and apartments that I want are the same price as owning a house. Why?"

"I was just curious," I admit. I sip my drink again and let out a small breath. 

"Daren invited us over to his house for dinner this Saturday," He mentions to me.

"Oh," I say. "Did you want to go?" I ask.

"Yeah, did you?"

"It's up to you," I mumble. I look out the window of the restaurant and see a pug with its owner walking on the side walk. I instantly get sad and pout.