22

Harry POV

I knock on Liam's house door and wait for him to answer. It's six o'clock now and Eve at the hotel relaxing. 

My hand runs through my hair and I let out a deep breath. I soon see Liam open his door. His eyebrows are furrowed.

"Hey, you busy?" I ask my friend who looks a little confused.

"No, I'm just watching TV," He opens the door more for me to enter. I step into his warm house and let out a deep breath. "You good?"

"Um, I don't know," I say honestly. "So I'm not supposed to say anything to anyone because it's too soon, but uh Eve's pregnant. I'm telling you this because if I don't tell anyone I'll go a little crazy,"

Liam looks at me with confused eyes. "I thought you said you it was a scare,"

"She lied to me saying she got her period. So she went to the doctors and they told her she's almost three months, which means she's been pregnant since January," I explain through one breath.

"So what's the matter? Okay, you're going to be a Dad, so what's wrong?"

"The thought of me being a Dad again makes me sick and I don't know why," I say.

"Did you act like this when she told you?" Liam asks me.

"No," I say. "I was so calm I scared myself. It didn't hit me until now that Eve's pregnant,"

"Why is the calming you going away?" He asks.

"Because my girlfriend is pregnant. I am going to be a Dad again and I'm not ready," I say with wide eyes. "I don't remember how to change diapers o-or feed them with the bottle. How do I fucking burp a child? How am I going to fit raising a child into my lifestyle? I barely have time to take Eve out on dates," I list.

"You need to calm down. I'm willing to help you out at the office since you're going to have a newborn," Liam offers. "And you don't like the interns so they're still my responsibility,"

"What if the kid doesn't like me? What if this one dies too?" I ask. "I can't go through that again," My chest is rising and falling heavily.

"Harry, stop worrying. You need to relax," Liam grips my shoulder.

"This sounds like I'm a shitty person but my therapist was busy so I came to you," Liam laughs at what I said.

"It's fine, Harry."

"I was starting to work on wanting kids and stuff and now I find out I have to want them now because she's pregnant,"

"You have seven months Harry until the baby is actually here. Just try not to freak out,"

"Kids like the beach and pools. I hate the beach and pools. What am I going to do? Deprive the kid of swimming? What if it's older and it's with his or her friends and they're swimming and he or she ends up drowning because I didn't teach it how to swim?" I ask.

"Harry, you can't think about that stuff," My friend says.

"But I don't want my kid to drown in a pool because I didn't teach him or her how to swim," I say worriedly. "What if it's a girl Liam?" I ask. "I can't have another daughter, not now," I begin to panic.

"Take deep breaths Harry. Do you want to sit down?" He asks. 

I shake my head 'no'. "What do I do?" I ask.

"First you need to not work yourself up and think your kid is going to drown," My friend starts. "Second thing, do you want to have this baby with Eve?" Liam asks.

"I have to, I'm not going to leave her," I say.

"That's not the question Harry. Do you want to have this baby with Eve? Meaning, if you had the choice, would you stay? I mean, you do have the choice, but you know what I mean,"

"I mean, yeah. I don't want to leave Eve," I say.

"Harry, do you want to be a Dad again?" He asks me.

"I don't know. I think I'm just in shock. Like it's hitting me now, and I didn't want to be around Eve and her see me like this, since I was calm before. So, that's why I'm here," I say through a long breath. "And I can't talk to Daren cause you know, that's his sister that I knocked up. Condoms really hate me. That's what I got out of all of this," 

Liam looks at me with blank eyes. "You should go to therapy again,"

"I went today," I mention.

"Yeah, go tomorrow," I let out a deep breath and close my eyes. 

"We're not even married, Liam. What will her Dad think? Or her brothers?"

"When are you going to tell people?"

"When she's in the second trimester," I say. "Which is in a few days actually since the month is almost over," I explain quickly.

"Well, congratulations on the baby," He squeezes my shoulder. "Are you going to be treating Eve differently again?"

"No," I say with scowling eyes. "I hope not. My inner cautious might make me, who knows. I don't know anymore," 

"When you think of the baby right now in Eve, what do you think?" Liam asks me curiously.

"This cute little life that's going to drown in a swimming pool," I say bluntly. "So, yeah I'll make a therapy appointment for tomorrow," 

"That's your safest bet. Are you going to talk to Eve?" 

"No, I can't go to acting calm to telling her about all of this," I say.

"Keeping it to yourself isn't good," 

"I'm not keeping it to myself. You know and my therapist knows," I say, causing Liam to shake his head at me.

***

When I get back from Liam's house, Eve is asleep. It's only ten o'clock, but she must be tired. She's in the middle of the mattress sleeping on her side. The blankets are at his hips and a pillow is in her arms. 

I take off my coat and jeans. I put on a white tee shirt and climb into bed. I press myself against Eve's back and close my eyes.

I just don't want to screw this up, especially for Eve. I know she's all nervous about being a Mom and everything happening with John. She doesn't need my doubts and fears on her shoulders too.

I lean over and kiss her cheek. I pull the blankets to our shoulders and drape my arm over her body. After I get situated, I try to fall asleep.

Today has been a hectic fucking day.

A://N

hi

thank you for reading

make sure to leave a vote if you enjoy the sequel !!

comment goal: 50???

~lauren