63

Eve POV

Sophia and I made a plan that should get Harry and Liam to make up. Or try to that is.

Our plan is to trap them together in a small space so that it forces them to talk.

Does it sound like a stupid plan?

Yes.

Will it work?

I hope.

Since Harry and I have our big walk in closet, with shelving, I'll be asking Harry to fix the shelf (which I had to take down), but I'll tell Liam that Harry isn't home yet and I want it done now. Coincidentally Harry's BMW, which he usually uses is in the shop so, it's more convincing.

Once Liam walks into the closet I'll shut the door and put a chair under it.

As they sit in the room, Sophia and I will hangout downstairs with Avery and Max.

This was her idea that she told me about over text two weeks ago. I came up with the details on how we should do it and when.

Today's the day when we're trying out our whole plan that hopefully doesn't fail and make us look like idiots.

I took the shelf down already. I just have to wait until Sophia texts me saying Liam is out of the shower.

Harry is in our room on his laptop. His eyes are narrowed at his computer screen and he looks focused on what he's doing.

My phone beeps beside me and I see it's Sophia telling me Liam is out of the shower and dressed.

I walk into my closet and pick up the shelf that "broke off" and drop it. I put my shoes that usually rest on top of it and scatter them across the floor. I leave the closet and walk over to Harry. "My shelf in the closet broke," I say to him with a fake shrug.

"I heard," He keeps typing.

"Can you fix it?" I ask.

"I'm busy," Harry keeps on doing whatever he's doing. I groan.

"It will take five minutes," I say. "Please? I don't want my shoes to be on the floor forever. My minor OCD will kick in,"

"Then line them up against the wall until I'm not busy," He says.

"I don't ask for a lot do I? All I want is for my boyfriend to put up my shelf. Then, you can go back to typing, okay?" His green eyes look up at me and his eyebrow raises.

"Fine," Harry shuts his laptop screen. He gets out of bed and walks into our closet. He looks at the shelf and shrugs. "I need nails, where did they go?"

They're in my pocket.

"I don't know," I say. "I'll go grab you the bag of nails and uh screw driver?"

"The drill," He corrects. I kiss his cheek and leave the closet.

I take out my phone and text Liam, once I'm downstairs. Max is in the den with Avery. She's in her okay pen and he's with her. I find it cute how protective Max is of Avery. He's always by her side and it makes me so happy that sometimes i feel like crying.

Me: hey Liam! You busy?

Liam: no, what's up?

Me: my shelf broke off in my closet and Harry isn't home. Mind fixing it for me?

Liam: yeah, sure. Do you have like a drill I can use?

Me: yep! Thank you

Liam: of course

I smile in success and grab the drill that's in the garage.

~

Sophia is with Liam and I as we walk upstairs. "Avery is sleeping so keep quiet," I say in a whisper. In reality I don't want Harry to hear them. They both nod and Sophia grins at me.

We enter my room and I show Liam where the closet is. He enters and opens his mouth to speak once he sees Harry. Sophia grabs the chair I left by my dresser and I close the door shut. She puts my under the doorknob and we both look at each other with a successful smile.

"I'm surprised that worked," I say honestly.

"Me too," Sophia says with a chuckle.

I did give Liam the drill and nails. They can go fix the shelf together.

We head downstairs and head to the den where my daughter and dog are.

Harry POV

I fucking new this shit was going to happen. As OCD as Eve can get, she's never been this pushy about something that broke off and needs to be fixed.

"Do you have your phone?" I ask Liam.

"Yeah," He says. He takes it out and starts typing. I left my phone on my bed. "She said they're not letting us out until we talk,"

"We already talked," I bring up. Liam responds to his girlfriend's text I assume, and he huffs.

"Until we make up," He says. I let out a small sigh and sit down. "Should one of us fix the shelf?" My ex friend asks me.

"No, Eve can do it," I grumble. Liam sits down, and presses his back against the hall behind him.

Silence fills the room we're in and I run my hand through my curls annoyedly. I have shit to do. I have emails I need to send out for the restaurant, I need to book the construction workers to redo the restaurant, and I need to organise the winter banquet for the publishing office, and I would've liked to you know, not be locked in a closet.

All of what I needed to do, I wanted to do today. But by the time Sophia or Eve lets us out, it will be tomorrow.

It's still silent between us.

I don't think either of us are going to talk.

A://N

hi!

this chapter is dedicated tooooooo @17xblackkk : thank you for reading this book and you're (hopefully) enjoying it!!

I'll try to dedicate up coming chapters to everyone who comment saying they want one!! it's the least I can do considering how supportive you guys are with these books of mine!

so if ya want one comment (:

besides that

Comment goal: 50???

Ik my authors notes have been long but I wanted to ask something

For those who read my secret series (if remember it lmao) or any of my other books in the past, has my writing improved at all since then???? I'm curious because I want to improve with every new book I publish. So if you could tell me (and be honest) that would be amazing

~lauren