105

Eve POV {Five Months Later}

It's December now, and a lot has happened. Too much has happened, and most of it is a blur.

Harry is still in a coma, which is hard to think about. I miss seeing his smile and hearing his voice. I miss kissing his lips and waking up to him beside me. I miss my husband, and as the months go on, the more I lose hope that he'll ever wake up.

Avery just turned four, and she wasn't really excited to have her birthday because Harry wouldn't be celebrating it with us. I managed to have a party for her though. I had my family, Harry's family, and our close friends attend. Of course it was odd, but I know he would've wanted Avery to have a party regardless of he was there or not.

Explaining to Ava why Harry is where he is now was hard. She didn't understand, which I would expect. So, I just told her in the way she would understand which is referring to Disney movies. So, I said to her Harry is in a deep sleep, like Snow White was when she got poisoned. But, the only difference is that a true loves kiss won't wake him up. She understood better that way.

There isn't much to say about Harry besides he's the same as he was when the tube was down his throat the second day he was in the hospital. There has been no change, and it makes me sad.

I'm currently seven months pregnant, and thinking about this pregnancy is hard because I know I have to do it alone. My doctor told me I could know the gender, but I said I didn't want to know. I'll ask her to tell me before the baby comes, because I need to set up a room. But, in the mean time I can't know. I think what got to me was the fact the baby is due on February first, which is Harry's birthday.

It's December 3rd, and I'm at the hospital, as I have been for the past five months. Avery is with Anne currently, and the dogs are at home. I sometimes stay at home with Avery. Sometimes I sleep here and Avery stays at my Dad or brothers house, or one of Harry's family members homes. I stay here sometimes, hoping my husband would wake up. Other times I don't sleep at all.

I look to the door that's behind pulled open and see it's his doctor. My hand holds onto Harry's as he walks closer to me. "We have some news," He starts. I can really go for some good news.

"Okay," I say, already worrying.

Dr. Williams doesn't speak for a few moments, which makes me worry. "Harry's kidneys are shutting down on him," His words sting into me making my stomach twist. My grip on my husband's hand becomes tight.

"Both kidneys?" I ask with a sad look. The words I said come out low and hoarse sounding.

"Yes, both. We've put him on the transplant list," The doctor informs me.

"If he gets a kidney, will he wake up?" I ask.

"Hard to say, the more he's in this state, the more his body starts to shut down. A new kidney might make him wake up, or it might keep him the same. It's really up to his body," The doctor explains to me in a simple way.

"Pregnant woman can't donate a kidney, right?" I ask.

"Yes, I'm sorry," He says. I bite my lip and nod.

"How long will the kidneys he have now, be able to keep him alive?" I manage to ask.

"Three months," My eyes close by the answer. "But, we're hopeful he'll get a kidney soon," My eyes are stinging with tears. I just nod, and the doctor soon leaves the room.

I look to Harry and begin to cry. My head shakes and I begin to break down again. His hand is still in mine, but it doesn't even feel like I'm holding his hand.

I close my eyes that have tears pouring out of them and sniffle. I rest my hands on my bump and try to calm myself down. Loose tears fall down my cheeks, and drop to my lap.

I reopen my eyes and stare at my husband. "Please wake up," I say again. "I need you Harry. Avery needs you. Our second child needs you. I can't do this alone, and I can't be alone. I need you to wake up. I promise to never bug you again o-or push you with your family.

I-I'll try to not be annoying and I'll never clean again. You'll always see Rose clean, and that's it. Uh, you can own as many restaurants as you want and come home very late," I list. "Please? I know we've had our ups and downs, but I need you. No matter what happens to us, I will always love you. I genuinely think you're the best thing that's happened to me, and I can't live without you,"

My eyes are throbbing with tears. "We're supposed to grow old together, a-and watch our kids grow up. You can't miss out on those things," My hands are trembling as well as my bottom lip. "I've been watching way too many Disney movies, but we're supposed to have our happily ever after, after all the shit we've been through," I close my eyes and press his hand against my chest.

"I wish I told you I loved you before you closed your eyes," I begin to sob. I press my forehead against his knuckles and feel more tears run down my cheeks.

***

It's five o'clock now, and Liam is sitting beside me.

I just explained to him what the doctor told me. It's silent between us now, he's letting everything sink in. "He needs a kidney?" Liam asks, clarifying.

He's been helping me with the publishing office the past five months. Mason has been helping me with Champs, since he owns a business himself. Ethan helps me at the shelter, and Daren always offers to watch Avery for me, which I'm thankful for.

"Yeah," I answer.

"Has he gotten one yet? Like, have they found one for him?" My husband's friend asks me.

"Nope," I say. I bite my lower lip. "He has three months left with his old kidneys, so uh," I close my eyes. "Lets hope he gets one," I gulp down the lump in my throat.

"I'll donate one of mine," Liam says. My eyes dart over to him, and they're wide.

"No, Liam," I say. "T-That's too much,"

"He's my best friend, Eve," His eyes are soft. "If giving him one of my kidneys will help him get better, then so be it. I have two for a reason, right?" I pick at my lower lip with my fingers.

"Sleep on it, okay? Talk to Sophia, a-and just think about it please,"

"Okay," He agrees. "They have to, I think, test me to see if I'm compatible with him though," Liam brings up.

"I guess we'll have to see what you decide, yeah?" I give a small smile.

"Why don't I just ask them to test me now? It's better not to get our hopes up," I nod, agreeing.

"Only if you want too. I don't want to seem like I'm forcing you," I say timidly. Sophia and Liam have done so much for me these past few months, I feel like giving them money for their time.

"You're not forcing me. You never even asked me, it's all my idea," He tells me. Liam stands up and soon leaves the hospital room.

I hope to God he's compatible with Harry.

A://N

Last chapter of the night!!

The next chapter will be cute, since the past ones have been sad.

Comment goal: 60?

~lauren