92

Eve POV

I step into the familiar office on Friday afternoon. I'm greeted by the receptionist with a 'Good afternoon Mrs. Styles'. I still find it amusing when people say "Mrs. Styles" to me. It's been two years and I get still get amused by that.

Avery is at Anne's house for the afternoon. Gemma is over there with her kids, as well. I like having Ava bond with Harry's side of the family. I know Gemma loves her as well as Anne. Harry doesn't really care about his family still, which I understand. I'm just glad he's allowing them to be in her life.

I gently knock on Harry's office door and hear a muffled 'it's open'. I step into his office and see he's staring at his computer screen. "If it's signed contracts, give them to Mr. Payne," Harry says in a plain voice. 

"Will do Mr. Styles," I comment humorously. His eyes look over to me and his head shakes with a chuckle.

"Sorry, I thought you were my intern," He says. I snicker and sit across from my husband. 

"Well, I was your intern," I bring up making him smile.

"Good old days," He jokes slightly making me grin. "What brings you by?" Harry asks causing me scoff.

"I can't visit my husband at work?" I ask making a snicker leave his pink, glossy lips. 

"You rarely do Eve unless we have a lunch date," He points out. "Fuck, do we have a lunch date?" Panic is in his voice. That makes me laugh.

"We don't," I answer with a humorous smile. "I'm just sad and wanted a hug," I admit while leaning back in the chair I'm sitting in.

His eyebrows knot at my words. "Why are you sad?" Harry asks me. He stands up from his office chair and walks over to me. He sits beside me, and rests his hand on my knee. Harry's bright green eyes look into mine and they look concerned. 

"We had to put a pug down today," I say. The thought of it makes me sad. "He was really sick and was going to die soon, and we wanted to put him down so didn't suffer anymore," I say through a sigh. "He reminded me of my Doug," 

My husbands arms wrap around me and my head goes into his chest. His fingers rub my lower back and my eyes close against his hold. "Am I bothering you?" I ask.

"No," He answers. "I'm not that busy anyways," 

"Okay," I say in a low murmur. "I love you,"

"I love you too," Harry pulls away from our hug and kisses my lips. 

"Why do you look sad?" I ask. His eyes look a bit gloomy. 

"Well, because you're sad," He answers causing me to smile gently. "And other stuff you don't need to worry about," 

My eyebrows knot and my head tilts to the side. "Tell me. Your problems are my problems," I say while holding his hand that's on my lap.

"You can't freak out though," Harry says while looking into my eyes.

"Do you have cancer?" I say with wide eyes. My eyes sting with tears from even saying that.

"No," He says automatically. "I don't have cancer," Relief washes over me and I close my eyes. 

"Then what is it?" I ask while opening my eyes and looking at him. Harry stands up from the chair he's seated on and walks to the front of his desk. He opens a drawer and pulls out some things.

"This morning, I found these on my desk," He says in a low, slow voice. He places what he got on my lap and my eyes fall on it. 

The paper on top is a note. It has familiar hand writing, which makes my eyes already sting. 

Watching...always.

Those are the two words written on the white, clean paper. I look at the other things Harry has given me and feel air leave my lungs when I see photos. Some of are me and Avery at the park. Some are Harry and I laying down on the couch in the living room.

"He's been in the house?" I ask my husband. My hand goes over my mouth and my eyes burn with fresh tears. 

"I already informed the cops and everything, so don't panic," Harry says while moving closer towards me. 

"Why can't I get away from him?" I ask. "I-I thought that these two years he's finally gotten sane and left us alone," My teeth bite my lower lip. 

"I know," His hands hold mine. "But everything will be okay," 

"How? He was in our house, and took a fucking photo of us. How did we not hear him? Or did we assume it was Avery?" I start to panic. Harry's arm lace around my body and I begin to sob into his chest. 

"The cops know what he did, we'll just have to see what they find and or say," Harry says while stroking my lower back.

"What if Avery is in danger now?" I ask, causing myself to be more worked up. "I can't have anything happen to her," I say through tears. 

Harry holds me tighter and he keeps assuring me nothing will happen to her or me. It's hard to promise that considering what John has done in the past. 

I bite my lower lip harshly and screw my eyes shut. 

Why can't he just leave me alone? 

***

It's eight o'clock at night, and Avery is in our room, as well as the dogs. 

Since I found out John is still in fact stalking me, I haven't left Avery's side. If she goes upstairs to grab something, I go with her. If she goes outside, I go outside. I don't want to leave her alone considering John has been in the house when no one knew it.

She's in the middle of the mattress and her back is nuzzled into my chest. my arm is over her body and Harry is laying down beside her. We're all in one spoon which makes me smile. His hand is on my lower back and Avery's face is nuzzled into Harry's chest. Max is by our feet, and Lucy is laying on top of Ava's head.

I close my eyes once I've calmed myself down. I adjust the blankets until I feel safe, and I continue to protectively hold my daughter against me .

Everything will be alright. 

I keep telling myself this until I fall asleep.

A://N

if you could kindly comment that would mean a lot 

thank you for reading / commenting / voting

~lauren