112

Eve POV

It's mid May now and I'm straightening up Harry's hospital room because I'm going insane.

I hate sitting in the room looking at him.

I hate being here everyday knowing he's going to be the same.

I hate waking up every morning with this feeling in my chest that part of my world is gone.

I feel like I can do more, but I know I can't. Telling him to come back isn't doing shit. Telling him how much I love and need him isn't doing anything but making me feel more empty.

I fix the picture frames I put in his room and bite my lip. I thought adding some photos of or family would help. I have one of Charlie, since he's three months now. One of Avery, and one of the three of us that I asked my Dad to take. I also have one of the dogs because they're part of the family too.

The amount of times I've been on this hospital floor, everyone knows me. The nurses know me, the doctors know me, hell, the patients on this floor know me as well as their loved ones.

Liam has been acting different lately, and I know why. I know he won't admit it, but he's losing hope like I am. I still have hope in me, but it's very little at this point. I hate admitting that, but it's the truth.

What snaps me out of my thoughts is the monitor going off. My eyes shoot to Harry and the heart monitor that they've been keeping a close look on. It's going down, which makes my eyes instantly water and my heart drop.

I soon see nurses rush in with a cart. I move to the side so they can help him.

This is the third time he's coded.

I've never seen him code, and I never wanted to witness it. My hands are shaky and my breaths are uneven.

I'm in the corner listening to them say 'clear' over and over again. My mind is in a haze, and all I can think about is how sick I feel being in this room right now, seeing all of this.

I still hear the monitor on flatline, causing my head to shake and tears fill my eyes.

This can't be happening.

"Clear!" One of the nurses says again. It feels like the millionth time she's said this to me.

Still nothing.

I end up sliding against down the hospital wall with my head in my hands.

What feels like minutes, all I hear the the monitor on flatline. No one is saying clear. No one is making a sound.

I feel someone kneel down in front of me and I shake my head. "I'm sorry-" I cut off the nurse.

"No! He's not gone!" I shout with tearful eyes. "K-Keep trying. Please," My words are choked up and my heart is breaking. My whole body is shaking and I can't breath. "Please, keep trying,"

"He's flatlined for 20 minutes, Mrs. Styles," The nurse says in a gentle voice.

How has it already been 20 minutes?

My head shakes. "He's still alive," I mumble to myself. "He's still alive," I say again.

The nurses hand holds mine and I begin to officially break down.

A://N

Next chapter will be up very soon , k?

comment ?

Vote ?

~Lauren