94

Eve POV

Chicago is beautiful.

Our hotel room is at the top of the hotel, so you can overlook the skyline of the city, which I've enjoyed doing the past few days.

I feel my husbands arms wrap around my waist and his lips touch my neck. I let my body relax into his as he hugs me.

"Is Ava still sleeping?" I ask him.

"Yep," Harry tells me. Yesterday we went to the zoo outside the city. Avery wanted to go, but didn't know how sad she was going to feel after seeing all the animals in the cages. After 20 minutes we left because she started to cry after being hold numerous amounts of times 'the animals need homes and weren't safe in the wild' by the employees when asked why do they keep them there.

The only thing Harry and I found amusing was a monkey blowing himself. The other parents and adults were walking away in disgust, covering their kids eyes. Then there was Harry and I dying of laughter and taking a photo of it.

After our 20 minutes at the zoo, we got ice cream. Avery enjoyed that and made her feel better.

We arrived to Chicago the day after we spent the night at Liam's. We were told by our security systems company that our alarm has been disabled for months now. It just bothered me that the company didn't confirm with us the cancellation. Of course that drove me even more crazy that I'm assume John did that.

The dogs are with Liam and Sophia until we come back. We seriously owe them for how much they've done for us recently.

I brush off that thought and focus my attention back to the skyline we're able to see. "How are you doing?" Harry asks.

"Decent, you?"

"Decent," I grin at his words.

"I love you," I say while playing with his fingers.

"I love you too," He kisses my cheek and rests his chin on the top of my head. His arms hook around me more, and we spend the morning staring at the city, just observing.

***

We went to a diner for breakfast. Throughout the week we've been to different places, but we wanted just regular breakfast food instead of a specialty.

Avery is colouring on the paper placemat with cartoons on it. A smile is on her mouth which makes me happy. I glance over to Harry who has his eyes on our daughter. He leans down and kiss the top of her head, which makes me smile.

We have another week and a half until Disney. Thinking about going back to New York scares me and makes me feel sick. I'm not ready to be back in our house, knowing John has been in there many times throughout the two years.

I bite my lip and break out of my thoughts. I just need to think about the positive right now, and that's being on a vacation with my family.

"Can we go to the park later?" I hear Avery ask.

"Of course," I reply. "When did you want to go?" I ask.

"Near lunch," My daughter replies. "If that's alright,"

"It's good with me," I look to Harry who just nods with a small smile.

I soon see our food come, which makes me happy, I'm starving.

***

We're at the hotel now, and Avery is taking her afternoon nap. We played in the park for a few hours, which took a lot out of me. I'm laying down in bed with my hand on my stomach.

Our hotel is like a mini apartment. There are two bedrooms, one of which Avery is in now. But most of the nights she comes into our bed and sleeps with us.

My husband lays down beside me and rests his hand on top of mine. "Tired?" He asks me.

"Very," I say while nuzzling my face into his chest.

"Does that mean we can't have our sexy time?" Harry asks causing me to laugh.

"Not right now," I say through a yawn.

"But she's taking a nap now, this is our time to do it," He says while wrapping his arms around my body. His lips touch my cheek then work down to my neck. "I'll do all the work," I snicker at his words.

"We can do it in the shower, later," I say while yawning. There are also two bathrooms, one has a bathtub in it, one doesn't.

I can go for a bath right now. I sit up from bed and look over to Harry. He looks confused by my actions. "I'm going to take a bath," I tell him while hovering over his face.

"Have fun," Harry says while wiping his tired looking eyes.

"Wanna join me?" I ask while kissing his cheek.

"Are you horny now?" A smile spreads on his mouth making my eyes roll.

"No," I scold. "I'm just asking if you, my husband, would like to take a bath with me,"

"Yes, as your husband, I'll take a bath with you," Harry answers making me laugh. He cups my cheeks and kisses me. "I love you,"

"I love you more," I say while playing with his curls. I kiss him once more before getting out of bed and walking to the bathroom.

A://N

Ik small chapter :/

Comment ??

Vote ??

~lauren