17

Eve POV

As you can expect the rest of the day has been awkward.

Breakfast was awkward.

Hanging out at the hotel is awkward.

Hell, even breathing in the same room has him is fucking awkward.

I'm in the kitchen making tea for myself. I would make coffee but I had three cups already today.

I leave the kitchen and walk upstairs to grab my phone. My mug is in my hands as well. I see Harry on his laptop typing away.

"Are we going to speak or?" I finally say. His eyes look up at me, then they go back to the screen.

"We spoke at breakfast," He says.

"I mean about what happened," I say. My voice is becoming tense. I put the mug down on the table near me.

"I don't want to talk about what happened," He says causing me to bite my lip.

"So, it's just going to remain awkward between us?"

"Once I find out you're not pregnant, we will be fine," My heart falls at his words.

"Really? You're willing to be mad at me for three weeks to see if I get my period or not?" I ask.

"I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at myself," Harry clarifies.

"Why? It happens,"

"I had one job and that was to have condoms and use them. I fucked up that job, Eve. And it doesn't help you're all relaxed and happy,"

"I'm sorry. I'll going to mope around like a five year old for three weeks because you came inside of me without a condom," I say.

"You should at least look worried,"

"You know what I'm worried about? In three years my crazy ex boyfriend finding where we live and killing me. I'm worried about some stalker telling him where I am and shit. I'm sorry if this isn't the worst thing happening to me right now," I spit angrily.

"I guess my problems aren't your problems then," Harry goes back to typing. I take his laptop and shut it. I put it on the bed and his green eyes scowl at me.

"We're having a conversation. Don't dismiss me," I say.

"I'm not dismissing you. You're not worried about being pregnant because you want fucking kids," He brings up. His voice raises.

"You really think right now I want kids?" I ask. "I have a boyfriend who looks like he's going to leave me if I am pregnant, I have no apartment, and, oh and I'm not ready to be a Mom. Just because I want kids one day does not mean I'm ready to be one now. I'm not fucking picking out names right this second and asking to go shopping for a crib. So you're worried that I am pregnant, great. Well I'm worried that you'll leave me if I am and want nothing to do with me anymore, so trying being in my shoes," I say angrily.

Harry stares at me. He looks at me with tense eyes. "You think I would leave you?" He asks. "That's what you think of me?"

"You said-"

"I said I didn't want kids. Did I say I'll leave you if you get or are pregnant?" His voice raises. "If that's the case I might as well go out and get some fucking beers with my Dad,"

"What else am I supposed to think Harry, when you say you don't want kids, you don't want me to be pregnant, and you're sitting up here sulking? I don't want you to be a Dad or stay because you feel obligated to. I want you to want kids with me and want to be in their lives. If that's not the case then you should leave. I'm not dealing with you staying because you have too or because you don't want to be like your Father," I say.

"Why don't we worry about that in three weeks?" His eyes stare at me.

"And for the mean time what? You're going to hate me?"

"Why would I hate you? People want different things in life, Eve. If I hated you for wanting kids I wouldn't be with you," Harry says. His jaw is tight and his eyes are scowling.

"Then stop being mad at yourself or in general. What will happen, happens. I might not even be pregnant and I might get my period. Who knows? But I don't need you looking like you hate me," I say.

"I don't hate you Eve," He says while running his hand through his hair.

"Act like it then," His eyes look into mine.

"Fine," Harry says.

"Fine," I reply.

Silence falls between us for a long time. We just both stare at each other with the same look.

Harry soon walks over to me and wraps his arms around my body. "I'm sorry for yelling earlier and in general. I'm just nervous. What happens, happens, okay? I'm not going anywhere,"

"You promise?" I say against his chest.

"I swear on my life," I close my eyes against him and take deep breaths.

These few weeks should be fun.

A://N

Hello

Idk what else to say so uh I hope you enjoyed the chapter ??

Comment goal: 50???

~lauren