11

Eve POV

It's around one o'clock on Monday and I'm downstairs.

Doug is still hanging by Lexi, which I don't mind. I love seeing Doug interact with people.

I see Lexi in the living room watching TV. Her feet dangle off the couch which cause me to smile a little. "Where's uh..." I travel off. I'm not used to saying 'our Dad'.

"Daddy is in the kitchen," I nod and walk to the kitchen. I see him on the phone. His face looks annoyed and his voice confirms that he is.

Eventually he hangs up and tugs his hand through his hair. "Everything alright?" I ask.

"I got called into work because one of the guys got the flu," His eyes roll.

"I can watch Lexi if you want," I offer. "I know I just met her and all, but uh, I don't mind. I'm not going anywhere,"

His brown eyes soften at me. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah," I say. "It can be our bonding time," I come up with. A smile goes on his lips.

I do want to know Lexi. I didn't expect me meeting her for the first time to be a comfortable thing. To her I'm a stranger and that goes for me too.

"Thank you Eve," My Dad says.

"Of course," I murmur.

"I would hug you but we're not on good terms," He says with soft eyes.

I wrap my arms around my Dad and close my eyes. He hugs back and my eyes sting with tears.

No matter how mad I am, I still love him. He's been the person in my life I could always rely on no matter what.

Plus, looking at old photos made me sad because I got little memories of me and my Mom. Just seeing photos of us together make me miss her, or miss the thought of her. I never had that woman influence in my life, and I wish I had it.

"I'm sorry Eve," My Dad says. "I really am,"

"I know," I mumble against his chest. "I just have to learn to move forward,"

"That's understandable," He says. "I love you darling,"

"I love you too Dad," His grip on me tightens and he kisses the top of my head.

Our long hug soon ends and he wipes his eyes which makes my own eyes sting again. "I'm sorry I just missed our calls and stuff," I laugh a little causing him to grin. "You know you'll always be my little girl, right?"

"I know," I say with a gentle smile. "Now, go get ready for work. When will you be back?"

"Around seven," My Dad huffs.

"When is Zoe picking her up?"

"I was gonna drop her off at six. But I can drop her off when I get home," He tells me.

"Okay," I say.

"Thank you again,"

"It's no problem,"

Soon he heads upstairs to get changed and I walk into the living room. I sit beside Lexi who is sitting beside Doug. Her hand is on his body and a gentle smile rests on her lips.

"Uh, your," I pause. "Our Dad has to go to work, he got called in. So, I'm going to watch you, if that's okay," Her brown eyes look to me.

"Okay," She says. Her eyes look into mine. "You're very pretty,"

"Thank you," I say. "You are too," She smiles.