57

Eve POV

"You want to marry me?" I ask, clarifying.

"Yes," Harry says. His eyes look into mine and they're soft. "And I hope you know that," He kisses my cheek and rests his head close to mine.

His arm goes over my body and his fingers stroke my skin. "I'm going to take a small nap, I'm tired from the flight,"

"Okay," I say while nuzzling my face into his chest. I missed him a lot, if I'm saying the truth. I hated waking up alone and not seeing Harry every day. Even his stupid controlling ways I missed witnessing. I don't know, I just don't like being apart from him for long.

"Eve?" I hear him ask me.

"Yes?"

"I hope you also know you're the love of my life, and the best thing that's happened to me," His words make my eyes well up and my grip on him become tighter.

"I love you Harry,"

"I love you more," He kisses the top of my head and some happy tears fall down my cheeks. Sometimes Harry just saying the things I never thought he would say to me makes me all shaken up.

My hold on my boyfriend is tight and our legs are intertwined. His arms are around me and sometimes I'll feel his lips touch my cheek or neck.

I hope soon he'll propose. Just being in these types of moments with him make me want to get married soon.

My eyes soon become tired and my body relaxes into his. I soon fall asleep.

Harry POV

That was a close one.

Just looking at Eve and focusing on all her beauty made me blurt out the little secret that I had, which was that I want to marry her.

It's not really a secret, more like something I shouldn't have said.

If I had it my way I would propose to her right now. But that wouldn't be romantic nor traditional.

On the plane here I thought about proposing in the winter, since it's her favourite season. She loves this one restaurant that's close to the woods and has a mini natural trail close by, the restaurant owns it as well.

The nature trail leads to rock ledge type of thing that over looks a river. I would probably propose there since it would be more private. We would of course would eat dinner first then walk the nature trail. Or should I do it before dinner? Either way that's where I would propose.

The nature trail itself is pretty bland, so I'd ask the owner or manager of the place if I can hang up some lights and make it seem semi more romantic.

I don't know yet, but that's what I want to do. I just hope me blurting out 'I want to marry you' didn't give it away that I am in fact proposing to her.

Eve fell asleep a few minutes ago and I'm still going over in my head how I hope she forgets I said anything at all.

I kiss the top of my girlfriends head and hold her more tightly in my arms.

***

I'm in Ava's room at two playing with her on the floor. I missed my daughter a lot and I want to make sure she knows that me leaving was a temporary thing and all.

I pick up Ava and kiss her puffy cheeks. She giggles in my hold, causing me to smile.

My phone beeps beside me and I glance down to it and see Liam's contact.

Liam: you left Arizona?

Me: yes

Liam: thanks for telling me