81

Eve POV

We're back from Liam's wedding and today we're just relaxing around the house. 

Harry and I sit in the den while Ava is on the floor playing with her toys. Harry's hand is on my lap and my head is rested on his shoulder. My eyes are on the TV but occasionally look to Ava.

Max and Lucy are on the floor besides Avery, which I still love seeing. "Can we talk?" I hear Harry ask me. My head lifts up off of his shoulder and I glance over at him.

"Yeah, what's up?" I ask, my voice is soft but a little worried. Harry takes his green eyes off of me and lowers down the TV that we were watching. His hand that was once rested on me tugs through his brown hair and he licks his lips that are bright pink.

"So, I told you I have a college friend named Sandra, right?" Harry starts making me worry a tad. His eyes are looking back to mine now.

"Yes," I answer. "What about her?" I ask timidly.

"So, um," He pauses and licks his lips. "She's a private investigator," My boyfriend tells me.

"Okay?" My eyebrows are knotted now.

"It's been almost three years since John has been in a jail, and I was curious to know what's been going on with him; meaning like if he's still in there," Harry clarifies. 

"Oh," I say. "What did she find?" My teeth graze over my bottom lip now out of nervousness.

"Well, while he was in jail they figured out he was schizophrenic," Harry tells me causing my eyes to widen. 

"Wait, what?" I ask. 

"John is schizophrenic," Harry tells me again. I break my eyes away from my boyfriend and lean my head back on the couch. "What are you thinking?" He asks me once I close my eyes. 

"It's really my luck that I date the guy who's schizophrenic and he didn't know it," I say while tugging my hand through my hair. "I never noticed like--," I pause, unable to explain. I feel like I should've noticed if there was something off with John. 

I once walked into the living room I used to live in with him and heard John talking to himself. But I didn't think anything of it, oddly enough. Was he talking to the voices he heard in his head? 

"What else did she find?" I ask Harry, changing the topic a little. My eyes look back to my boyfriend who's staring at me with soft eyes.

"Um," Harry lets out a small sigh. "He's been out of jail for two months now," He says causing my blood to run cold and the air in my lungs to disapper.

"Two months?" I ask, clarifying what I just heard. 

"Yes," He says. His green eyes look into mine and they look worried. "He's on prole until March, then he's officially free," Harry says in a soft voice. My teeth pick my lower lip. I just nod and start playing with my fingers.

"Anything else?" I ask.

"No, that's all she could find," He says. "He uh, still lives in his old apartment by the way," My boyfriend adds. I nod and take my eyes off of Harry.

"Thanks," I say in a murmur.

"What are you thinking?" I feel his hand slip on top of mine. His thumb grazes over my knuckles and I pick at my leggings with my open hand.

"About how I feel like I need to lock the door when I sleep now," I say in a low voice. Harry wraps his arms around my body, causing my head to nuzzle into his chest. I close my eyes against his chest and feel his fingers stroke my lower back.