46

Eve POV {five months later}

I've been a Mom for five months now. These past months have been the most stressful and exhausting.

It isn't that Avery still cries in the middle of the night, because once we got her on a schedule she was fine through the nights minus her needing to be changed.

I just genuinely think she hates me.

Whenever I pick her up, she cries.

Whenever I change her, she cries.

Hell, whenever I breath around her she cries.

The only time she doesn't is when I feed her. But once I'm done feeding her, she cries. But, don't worry with Harry she never cries.

She never fucking cries with him. She only wants to be held by Harry. I get that daughters might want their Dad's more and they might favour them over Mom's but even when Harry leaves the house she wants nothing to do with me.

Sophia held her, not one cry. Anne, Gemma, Kris, Zoe, and Rachel held Avery, she did not cry. I hold my own daughter and she starts balling.

I'm cleaning up the toys in the living room while Harry is doing whatever he's doing.

He's thirty now, which he doesn't like to talk about. He actually told me never to bring up his birthday again. Will I listen? No. But I held a little party for him here. Of course Liam took him out for drinks, but I threw him the family party which Liam and Sophia of course attended. They're actually engaged now, which is nice to see.

"Eve, I'm going to the office real quick. Avery is in her crib upstairs,"

"You don't want to take her?" I ask while looking up at him.

"Why would I take her to the office?" His eyebrows knot at me.

"Because once you leave in five minutes she'll start crying until you get back," I say while standing up.

"You'll be fine, Eve,"

"No I won't, she hates me," I say sadly. "Like what am I doing wrong? She likes every other female but me,"

Harry rests his hands on my sides and kisses my cheek. "You're a tense person sometimes, and babies can sense fear," He giggles a little. "I'll be back in a half in hour, hour tops," I bite my lip and nod.

Harry leaves the den and I tug my hand through my hair.

I soon leave the den after a few minutes and head upstairs. I ran a wash of clothes because all my shirts had spit up on it.

She never throws up on Harry, just on me.

I hear the washer is still running so I start for the stairs, but I hear Ava start crying.

I walk to her bedroom and see she's in her crib. I pick her up, which makes her start crying more actually.

"Please like me," I say to my crying daughter. "I love you and you hate me. Why do you hate me?" I ask her.

Ava continues to cry and I frown. I take her downstairs and sit on the couch.

I try rocking her, that doesn't work.

I try burping her, that doesn't work.

I changed her, she's still crying.

Conclusion is, she hates me.

I leave the living room and take a deep breath. I sat her up on the couch and left for a moment.

I close my eyes and feel the palms of my hands fill with sweat and my head begin to pound.

Avery is still crying. I know she will be until Harry gets home.

***

It's been an hour since Harry left and within that time I've thought about ripping out my ear drums and selling them on the black market.

There was a ten minute pause where she didn't cry. Ten minutes of silence was quite amazing. Then Max started squeaking his toy and she starting sobbing.

I attempted to give her food, she turned it away. I tried holding her again but that didn't help.

I just feel like the worse Mom in the world.

"Why is she crying?" I hear Harry ask while picking his daughter up from the couch. Like fucking magic she stops. Her head presses against his chest and her damp cheeks turn dry.

"Because she doesn't like me," I repeat. I bite my lip and leave the living room.

I walk to the kitchen and grab myself a water bottle. Harry follows me. Our daughter still in her arms. When I look at her, all I see is this precious little girl who I love more than myself. I just want to hold her and love her but she doesn't like me.

"Here, hold her," Harry says while extending me Ava.

I take her our of his arms and I wait for her to cry, which she does. I give her back to Harry and she stops. "Should we keep going back and forth to make her dizzy?" I joke.

"Maybe you're just too rough with her," He comes up with.

"Rough? Max didn't hate me when I held him as a puppy. My nephews didn't cry when I held them as babies. I'm a loving person, she's just mean,"

"She's not mean, Eve. She's a baby,"

"Well, babies can be mean. Next thing I know she'll be biting me and shit," Harry raises his eyebrow at my swear. "She can't talk," I ask.

"Still. Will you be swearing when she can talk?"

"Why would I?" I ask.

"I don't know, I'm just asking," He mumbles. Harry kisses his daughters cheek and a grin goes on his mouth.

"Do you think Avery can sense that I didn't have a Mom so I don't know what to do with her? Sophia, Rachel, Gemma, Zoe, and all of them had Mom's and she likes them. I'm the only one who didn't,"

"I don't think so Eve," Harry says. I let out a sigh and close my eyes for a few moments.

"Well, I'm going to take a shower," I say. "I would say I'll be out as fast as I can but she doesn't need me so I'll be down soon," I mumble."

I walk upstairs with gloomy eyes. It doesn't help Harry's been through this and Ava is prone to like him. Mean while she fucking hates me. I wipe my damp eyes and start the shower.

A://N

Small time jump :)

Tysfm for 100k reads on this book!!! Ahhhhhh I'm hella shook

Comment goal: 50???

Gn!!!

~lauren