42

Eve POV

My high pain tolerance is slowly fading away. Not really slowly, it's nearly about to fade away and I'm nearly about to start screaming.

Harry is sitting beside me as I'm in the hospital bed trying not to get worked up. Crying on top of this pain won't help me. 

His hand is connected with mine and my head is on the pillow behind me. I let out deep breaths to try to calm myself down. It isn't really helping but I don't want to swear loudly. I'll probably end up doing it anyways though.

"How long have we been here?" I ask Harry who looks worried. 

"Um," He takes out his phone to check. "Six hours," I shrug loudly and rest my head back on the pillow. My hand is still connected with his and a new wave of contractions hit me making me groan. 

"Keep my mind off of things," I say through my shaky breaths.

"Um," Harry pauses, thinking about what to say. "She's going to be small,"

"No shit," I say. 

"Okay well, um uh," Harry tugs his empty hand through his brown hair. 

"Harry talk about anything. Birds shitting on people, I don't care,"

"I found a free movie site," He says causing my head to tilt. "I've been watching a lot of illegal movies lately. It's a wonderful site," 

"What kind of movies?"

"Batman, The Avengers, stuff like that,"

"That's nice. What were the actual movies you watched?"

"Star Wars, Stuck in Love, Love Actually, and stuff like that," Harry says causing me to chuckle. 

"What made you watch them?" I ask.

"I haven't watched them in a few years so I thought I should," He tells me. "Why didn't you believe that I watched Batman?"

"Cause your favorite movie is the Notebook," I say, he snickers.

"It's a good movie,"

"It's alright, there are better romance movies out there," I say causing Harry's eyes to widen.

"It's alright?" He sounds offended.

"Yeah, Ryan Gosling gets annoying, so does that girl who's the main character," I say through breaths.

"Her name is Allie," He says. "And she's played by Rachel McAdam's," I shake my head at my boyfriend and squeeze his hand tighter. "It's a lovely movie, you can't argue that," 

"The casting could've been better," I mumble causing Harry to scoff.

"You're very mean when you're in labor," He says causing me to smile. I let out a deep breath and close my eyes. 

I feel Harry's fingers stroke my hand softly. It eases my nerves a little, which helps. I'm very nervous right now.

"Can I get you anything?" My boyfriend asks me.

"A cheese burger," I say while looking at him.

"You can't eat anything, Eve," He tells me.

"I know," I shrug. "I'm just hungry," 

"Want me to get you ice chips?" My boyfriend asks.

"No, because then I'd want to pee," I say. 

"Okay," Harry smiles gently at me. He stands up from his chair and fixes the pillows for me. His lips touch my forehead. "You're very close to start pushing, just hang in there,"