82

that's the ring ^

82

Eve POV

It's Friday currently and Harry's been acting weird. He doesn't make eye contact with me and he only says one word answers.

Tonight we're supposed to be going out, but all I'm thinking about if the whole dinner is going to be silent or he's going to give me answers that aren't complete.

"Mama!" I hear my daughter say while walking into my room with her bear against her chest.

"Yes darling?" I ask her. Ava just grins at me making me smile. "Can you say I love you?"

"I wove you," Avery repeats in her toddler way.

"I love you too," I lean down and kiss her. I ruffle her curls and smile. She leaves the room once she sees Lucy walk past. I shake my head at her and see Harry walk in. I stand back up and pull up my pants.

His eyes look to me then to the bed. "Uh, I'm gonna go to the gym. Need anything while I'm out?"

"No," I answer. I walk over to Harry and wrap my arms around his waist. "You okay? You're acting a little off today,"

"Just uh " His eyes meet mine. "Stressed,"

"A lot of end of the year meetings?" I ask.

"Yep," He gives me a faint smile. "I'm sorry,"

"If you're not in the mood to go out tonight I understand," I tell him.

"No," Harry says instantly. "I-I want to go out, with you--to dinner. On our date, tonight," I shake my head at his words and lean up and kiss his plump lips.

"Okay," I snicker. "Maybe after our date, tonight, where we go to dinner, we'll have some alone time?" I ask. His eyes meet mine making me grin. I kiss his cheek then his neck making his grip on my back become tense.

What makes our conversation stop is Avery walking into the room with Max. "Daddy!" She says.

"Yes?" He says while kneeling down in front of her.

Her arms wrap around his neck and he hugs Ava back. I love how loveable she is. She always loves giving hugs and kisses.

***

We're in the car on the way to the restaurant. Harry refuses to tell me the name of the place still, so it's a surprise.

I'm told that the restaurant isn't super casual but not fancy. So I went with a sweater, which is always a safe bet. I chose one of my olive green sweaters that match well with my blue jeans that isn't super dark but isn't light. My shoes are boots that have a very small heel on them. My hair is currently down and I have a necklace on that Harry bought me a while back. I wear it a lot because I feel like it brings me good luck, as odd as that sounds.

Harry's hand is holding mine as he drives. "Why are your hands so clammy?" I ask my boyfriend.

"I don't know," He says causally.

"Are you getting sick?" I ask.

"Probably not," Harry says while looking over to me.