Fourty

A/N: Here's the double update! xx -Melissa

40.

*Stiles*

I waited for Addison to text me what happened, but nothing ever came. For at least an hour I sat with my phone clenched in my hand and my leg jittering.

Toward the end of my last class, Addison surfaced. Coming into the classroom, she flashed a slip of paper. "Stiles Stilinski is needed in the office."

"Well, go on then." The teacher waved me off without checking to see Addison's forged paper.

I jumped out of my seat, nearly running into Danny's desk as I went to go to the corridor with Addi.

"Why the hell didn't you text me?" I asked the second the door shut us from the class.

"Because Heratio tried to take me, Mathis' father. He was the one who killed Aunt Jess, at least he broke her neck. Scott's mom helped me kill her, for real this time." Addison said, looking mildly distraught. "She told him something she shouldn't have."

"And what was it?" I asked, crossing my arms and we spoke quietly.

Addison shook her head. "I don't know."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "You didn't ask?"

"No, they're both dead. I went to change after going to the hospital so I could come back to school. Heratio was possessing Allison's father and he knocked me out. He was planning on taking me."

"Taking you? Taking you to where?" I searched her conflicted eyes, "Addison?"

"To Hell, Stiles. It's me." Addison held up her hand and motioned a finger at a row of lockers.

Sharply, more than half of them flung open and the others rattled in their frames. When she dropped her hand, they stopped moving completely.

"Oh, my God." She was the reason they were all here, all of the demons. "That's why you wanted to train me?"

"That's why I am going to train you. I'm not letting them touch you." Addison looked frantic. "When Mathis finds out it's me and that I killed his father, he's going to come after you the second it happens. I'm not going to let him kill you."

"There isn't a way that I can become a hunter in time. Mathis is stronger than me. I don't have a chance against him."

"You do have a chance. You have Mom's blood in you and she was an amazing hunter. I can train you. Exorcisms, weaponry. Everything I know, i'll teach you."

I nodded after a moment, meeting her eyes. "Okay. Teach me."

"I already told Derek that we're starting tonight. After school, I want to go straight to Derek's. Have Scott go with you too." Addi told me, her voice void of any flexibility. There was no way to argue with her.

"What about you?" I asked, sensing there was more.

"I have to take care of something, but i've got Tevin's patrol car. And I have to apologize to Lydia for bailing on her." Addi had absently touched her neck where it was bare. "I'll be okay." She had read my eyes like she always could. "I always am."

There was something off as she squeezed my hand lightly. Something was putting her locked away in her mind.

"What's wrong?" I squeezed back on her small hand. "Did something happen?"

"When Lucifer made his first demons, they were called knights. When Crowley became King of Hell, he made his own. Heratio, Mathis, Thomas and," She looked away and took a small breath. "And Rosalie."

"What?" My mouth hung open slightly. "I thought-"

"She made a deal with Crowley. When she died, he collected her." Addi ran a hand through her hair, "She'd been following me when I was hunting with Sam and Dean over the summer in the blond."

"The one we found Derek with when all of this started?"

Addi nodded, "I thought I killed her, but she must've faked she was dead. The knife can't kill the knights."

"So, she's still around?" I asked, surprised any of this was even happening.

Addi nodded, "We still have two out of four knights around, plus Crowley." She chewed on the inside of her cheek. "I might be able to take Mathis today, but I have to get my necklace from him. Rose on the other hand," She shook her head. "I don't know."

"It'll be okay. We'll figure it out, all of this."

Addi jerked as the bell rang over head, exactly like Scott and Isaac would occasionally.

"Are you okay?" I hesitantly asked as Addison let go of my hand.

Addi nodded as she backed up, "Get to Derek's. I'll be there soon." Turning around as students filtered out of their classes, she disappeared among them.

*Addison*

After apologizing to Lydia, I circled the inside of the school until it cleared out. Once it was only me in the halls, I went to the gymnasium.

It actually looked really amazing. Our Homecoming was never subtle, and that was always thanks to Lydia.

"Lovely to see you again, Addison." Mathis' voice chimed from the stage set up where the rock climbing walls were. Breaking the total silence, he laughed. "It's all a bit much, don;t you think?"

"It always is." I replied, setting my bag on one of the white tables by the door.

"Rosalie said hers was much better. She was head of the committee that year." Mathis hopped down, his boots hitting the gym floor. "She swares that the voting was rigged, that she should've won."

"Well, Lydia did. She always does." I told him, stopping where there was still some space between us. "How is Rosalie anyways? I heard she was still kicking after I killed her twice."

"A bit mad you stabbed her, actually." Mathis smiled at me. "But what can you do? I would've stabbed her too. She's a bit of a bitch."

"I doubt it could be worse, even though she's a demon now." I answered, being completely truthful.

"I love how you say that, even when you're the reason she's dead." Mathis shook his head, "That's bloody cold, and that's coming from me."

"Maybe she is dead because of me, but she isn't a demon on my behalf. She was selfish and stupid and cared about beauty more than her soul." I snapped back at Mathis, not giving him the pleasure of messing with me.

Mathis nodded respectively, "Fair enough." He snapped a finger at me and smiled. "Y'know, love, we're sort of alike, actually." Moving closer to me, his eyes flickered over my shoulder only for a moment before returning on me. "You're the reason she's dead and now i'll be the reason you're dead." He lowered his head down to mine and linked something into my hand. Staring at me, he mouth 'behind you' before proudly standing up straight. "Anything you'd like to say about that?"

"Yeah." I narrowed my eyes at his ever shifting allegiance, but when along. "Thanks for taking her off of my hands. I was getting tired of her." Side stepping Mathis and spinning around, a blond was there.

She honestly looked moderately shocked. "You bitch." It was Rosalie alright.

"No, you." I smirked, "You're a pathetic excuse for a hunter. Your soul for beauty, really?"

"What can I say?" Rosalie smiled with a sharpened glare.

"Anything but that, actually." I laughed inwardly at her. "Look at you, a Knight of Hell and you're blond. Two birds with one stone, right?"

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Rosalie snapped, looking mildly horrified at me.

I 'hmm'ed as I openly put my necklace back on. "Figure it out for yourself." Waving a hand towards the other side of the gym.

Rosalie's eyes widened, her body flying across the room and slamming heavily into the wall.

I glanced back to a taken aback Mathis as I started to leave. "Thank you." I told him, touching my necklace.

Even coming upon the fact it was me, Mathis let me leave without a word.