Twenty-Nine

A/N: Because of Dilapidated hitting 11k, i'm going to update as many times as I can tonight! Xx -Melissa

29.

*Addison*

The moment Derek heard it, his eyes flamed to crimson as he glanced around the woods surrounding us. 

"We need to go. Now." I declared, wielding my knife if my left and took off running, a line of us forming as we neared the house.

Stopping us just outside of the clearing, I noticed both Derek and Isaac coughing.

"No." I muttered, a circle of purple dust ringing around the house. "He knew."

Stiles feverishly looked between the werewolves with wide eyes. "Addi, what's going on?"

"Lydia put a ring of wolfsbane around the house."  I made sure Stiles had his gun readied, "That leaves just me. Stiles, take them back to the cars."

"But-"

"Go!" Derek growled as he caught his breath heavily. 

I darted over the purple line and gunned for the house, the front door left open by Lydia.

A ginger stood in the centre of the room, shaking as she slowly turned in a circle.

"Addison!" Lydia shuddered, her mouth quivering. "Wh-what am I doing here?" She whimpered at me white knuckling my knife. "What the Hell is going on?"

"Lydia," I calmly said, slowly approaching her. "Do you remember what you did?"

"What is that supposed to mean?" Lydia nearly shouted, her voice sounding tearful as she warily eyed the bodies strewn across the first floor. "Did I do this?"

I did. "No, no you didn't. Lydia, do you remember coming here?"

Lydia shook her head, biting her lips as she held back tears. "I just, came to when I went through the door."

"Do you remember anything else? Even if it's small, it mean something." I glanced around the room, eyeing the ceiling above Lydia.

She couldn't be in the centre of the room for nothing.

"Uh, purple-" Lydia's eyes flickered with memory. "A gun shot. I shot someone? Addison, I shot someone and I don't know why. I-I took the bullet from you-"

"It was Derek Hale, but everything is okay now. I can help you out if you want. I can stop the black outs, your random losses of time. I know you get them." I made sure she saw me store my knife away. "But you have to help me with something."

"Addi, why can't  I move?"

"Shit." I inwardly said to myself, searching for another way to go about this.

Lydia was trapped under the same devil's trap because of her link with Mathis.

"Can you help me?" I asked as coolly as I could. If I couldn't do this right, both Mathis and his father would be broken free. "I need you to imagine a chain ball being taken off of your ankle." The page Sam sent me said that the banshee had to believe it was being set free for this to work. "No matter what, feel that weight being lifted. Shut your eyes."

Lydia obliged, her eyelids fluttering shut as she took calm breaths.

A voice from above loudly cleared its throat, "Excuse me, miss. Mind a quick chat?"