Two

2.

•Stiles•

      As the bell sounded an hour later, I shot out the door with Scott behind me. "Hurry up!" Since Addison left there was no word from her, and that never happened. Something was wrong. I quickly drove out of the parking lot, Scott barely getting the chance to shut the passengers' side door.

      "We'll come back for my bike, right?" Scott asked, not understanding my stress over Addison being unresponsive.

      "Sure." I focused on not wrecking another car and swerved into the station parking lot. I jolted out of my rusty jeep and ran for the building.

      I pulled myself to a stop, Addison pressed against Dad's chest with a veil of depression overhead. Dad's red eyes spotted me across the room before kissing the top of Addi's head and whispering something to her.

      Without a word Addison came over to me, burying her face into my red hoodie. A soft whimper came from her, her voice thick from the tears. "Th-the body they found," she started weakly as Scott ran up with a concerned look on his face. Addison looked up to me, her eyes bloodshot and puffy, "It was Tara. She's dead, Stiles."

      I fell dumbstruck, her words a complete surprise. Tears sprung up as I held Addison tighter, all of the memories of Tara helping me with math homework when I got stuck at the station. She was like a mom to me after I lost mine.

      I glanced over to Scott, his phone pressed to his ear. "Who the hell are you calling?" Now was really not the time to be making phone calls.

      "Derek," Scott stated, remembering how I told him about the 'supernatural death' look that Addison gave me before she left. "He might know something."

      "Stiles." Dad came up to me, his voice laced with the pain he couldn't show on the outside. As Sheriff he needed to be strong. "Take your sister home."

      I nodded, pushing my sleeve under my eye whilst keeping an arm around Addison's small frame. "C'mon, Ads," I said softly to her, Scott walking out of the station with us.

      "Why are you in the woods?" Scott asked questionably, pulling himself into the passengers' side. "Who told you to meet them?"

      Watching the rearview mirror, Addison's eyebrow raised curiously at Scott's words. I furrowed my own, wondering what's up with her lately.

      "Yeah, give us ten." Scott hung up as we pulled up to Casa Stilinski. As we all got out, he sent an offer to Addison to carry her.

      Addison laughed the best she could, "I'm not nine, McCall." In her attempt to take herself, Scott quickly swooped her up and carried her bridal style. Addi rolled her eyes but didn't fight him.

      I grumbled as I opened the door, following them in annoyance.

      Addison let herself down in the doorway of her room and gave a thank you to Scott before walking over to her bed. As she took off her shoes I twisted her door to locked.

      I didn't want her coming along with us. I didn't want her hurt.

      "W-Hey! What the hell are you doing?" Addison attempted to stand up but Scott quickly shut her door, leaving her unable to get out.

      "We'll be back soon!" I called, hearing something hitting the door by my face.

      "It's for your own good!" Scott added, the pair of us bolting out of the house.

•Addison•

      For my own good? My ass.

      I quickly stripped from my outfit and tugged on skinny jeans along with a black top and slid back on my leather jacket. I laced up my brown hunting boots and tied up my hair as I pulled my knife from the white wood paneling of my door. I flicked on Florence + The Machine on my stereo incase Dad came home early and put my knife into the hidden strap inside my boot. I pushed up my window and flipped from the ledge. The rain patterns were wavering at the centre of the reservation. The moment my feet hit the ground I fled for the woods under the darkening sky.

      These morons had no idea what they were getting themselves into.

      Quietly coming upon the centre of the trees, I noted that Derek's company sounded feminine. Rosalie.

      "My, my, Derek." The devious blonde clutched at his neck, her strength lifting him from the forest floor. Solid black eyes cockily glowered at the shifted werewolf under her grip. "You'll tell soon enough."

      I shot through the split tree, the soaking wet ground giving me the advantage. In a swift motion, I tugged my knife from my boot and jammed it through the side of her throat, Rosalie letting Derek go.

      Her pale skin sparked a yellow, her eyes flicking back to a hazel. Rosalie's body collapsed to the ground, a soft thud making me smirk.

      Derek hesitantly met eyes with me, his normal cold glare now filled with shock. In his attempt to say something, I stopped him.

      I could heard Scott and Stiles coming and didn't need that conversation to happen right now. I nodded to Derek and tucked my knife away with a finger on my lips. I pushed Rosalie's body closer to Derek with my foot before spinning back in the direction of the house.

      She surely wasn't the only one of them in town.

~~

      "Since you clearly need cheering up, i'm taking you shopping. It's better than therapy," Lydia stated, the pair of us making our way out of the school. She had sensed something was wrong ever since I came into school this morning. "Trust me, i'd know."

      I grinned, but it immediately ceased as I spotted a familiar black camero across the parking lot. I hesitantly stopped on the third step, not knowing what to do.

      Lydia looked back to me, "Addison, aren't you coming?"

      I looked away from the parking lot and to her, "Actually, can I take a rain check on the shopping?" I wasn't getting out of my situation with Derek cleanly so I needed to own up to it. It was either with just him now or with Stiles as well later.

      Lydia rolled her eyes, "Fine, but I still want you over tonight. The Notebook is waiting."

      "Yeah, i'll call you." My heels clicked down the steps as I headed for Derek, with light breeze threatening at the maroon dress that flared from the waist to mid thigh. I greeted the figure in all black simply, "Hi."

      "What the hell was that?" Mr. Perfect Hair pushed past the 'hello'.

      "What was what?" I asked casually, absently touching my gold locket from Dean.

      His hazelish green eyes rolled, "Seriously, Addison. You made that girl light up like a christmas tree and then vanished as quickly as you showed up."

      "Oh, you mean when I saved your life?" I smirked lightly, knowing he'd never actually admit to it.

      "I was handling it," Derek growled with a flustered under tone.

      "No, she was handling you." I dropped my hand from my necklace, "Do you even understand what that was in the woods last night? If I hadn't showed up you would've died!"

      Derek quickly stepped up to me, his voice low. "Then how come you did? You've never taken enough interest to save my life!"

      I looked up to him, the space between us nearly nothing. "You could just say thank you and let it go." I attempted to step away but he grabbed at my wrist and pulled me into him, my wince going unnoticed.

      "Do you know something?" Derek asked intensely, a wave of cinnamon and old leather washing over me. "What's happening to Beacon Hills, Addison?"

      "Demons."