Fourty-One

A/N: So my play went really well this morning and i've been in a good mood all day! Personally, I really like this chapter because of the training, but it's a bit of a shortie so i'll double update if I can to make up for it! -Mel Xx

41.

*Derek*

It was thirty minutes that we waited around for Addison, and all of us seemed to be on edge. Although Stiles kept his distance from me, he wasn't bothering to fight about anything. 

Addison was planning on going up against Mathis and it could easily go either way. 

The door to my loft rolled open, Addison casually strolling in and shutting the door behind her. She furrowed her eyebrows at the four of us. "Everyone okay?"

"Are you?" Stiles asked while walking up to his sister, who'd traded her dress for skinny jeans and a Guns N' Roses shirt.

"I'm okay." Addi nodded before looking to all of us. "You guys ready?"

"Wait, all of us?" Isaac asked, his arms crossed as he leaned against the sofa.

"When the eclipse is total, all werewolves lose their powers. Even alphas. So, if they do wait until the right night, they'll attack when no one has a supernatural ability to stop them." Addi pulled her 45 from the back of her jeans. "So, all six of you are getting hunting 101 from yours truly." 

"Six?" I glanced over to Scott with furrowed eyebrows. There was only four of us. 

"Don't tell me you've forgotten how to count, Ads." Scott said, looking at her questionably. 

Addi grinned and unclasped her necklace. "Hey, guys, come on it." She knew she hadn't fully shut the door. Putting the locket back on, she moved out of the way and removed her knife from her boot and set it on the table.

My front door slid back open a moment later, both Boyd and Erica surfacing.

"Well?" Erica asked, blond curls bouncing as she walked in. "Are we starting this or what?"

I shook my head at Addison with a faint smile as she looked over to me. She was truly amazing.

"My only rules for this is that none of you use your abilities. At least try not to because when it comes down to it, you won't have any." Addison stood in front of the six of us, explaining off key things. Focusing on demons only she gave us the basics. "They're all asshats, so you have to be careful and smart about what you're doing."

After twenty five minutes, she promised to keep the safety on of her gun. "Let's get to what it's all about." Addi pointed a finger at Scott and motioned towards her. "You first, Scotty."

Scott laughed, shaking his head as he wouldn't walk up to her. "I'm not going to fight you, Addi."

"I'll let you use your powers if you're scared." Addi grinned, not planning on letting Scott walk away from this.

"I don't want to hurt you." Scott said, moving towards her. He wasn't taking her seriously, and that was typically a person's first mistake with Addison.

"Fine." Addison held out her gun in front of her, "Take it."

"I just have to take the gun from you?" Scott hesitantly asked, lifting an eyebrow at her.

Addison shrugged, "Just take it from me." 

As Scott reached out a hand, Addison grabbed his arm and twisted it around. Sweeping his feet out from under him, Addi pinned Scott to the ground, holding the gun to the back of his head.

"You're dead." Addi let go of Scott and stood up. Putting the gun back into her jeans, she tied up her hair. 

Scott shuffled back up to his feet, his eyes big at her. "I wasn't ready for that. I want to try again."

"Oh, come on." Boyd pushed past Scott, going straight for Addison.

Addi somersaulted right as Boyd outstretched his arms to grab her. Popping back up from the ground, she pressed the gun to Boyd's head.

Holding up his hands as he turned to the side, he knew the game was over with the 45 against his forehead. 

Addison put the gun back and let Boyd walk over to the line of five that had formed. "Your objective," She simply said, not even close to being out of breath. "Is to get the gun from me." Pointing to Isaac, she grinned as she waved him out of the line up. "Your turn, Lahey."

"Dear God," Isaac mumbled, taking off the navy cardigan that was over a gray shirt. He was already well aware that she was going to hand his ass to him. 

"Serious, Isaac." Addison said, tapping her nose once as she bent her knees while waiting on him to make the first move. "Go."

Isaac lunged for her, only to have Addi shimmy to the side that he passed her. Cracking his neck to the side, Isaac became determined as he regained his composure. Narrowing his eyes at her, he noticed that she was laughing and it only made him try harder. Almost getting her shoulder, Addison spun, ducking her head under his arm to keep him from even getting a hold of her. Clenching his jaw, he looked down at the silver barrel pressed against his chest.

Addison put the gun back into its spot, letting Isaac go. Smirking she looked over us. "Well, this is going to be an experience."

We went for at least forty minutes of going after Addison. No one stood a chance. It was incredible how she fought, but she acted as if it were nothing. Then again, she lived and breathed this life.

"Are you guys even trying?" Addi asked after fighting us off in pairs. Even with little beads of sweat forming on her forehead and chest, she was prominently smiling.

"God, I give up." Isaac finally said, dropping himself into one of the chairs at the wooden table.

"A break, then." Addi decided, pulling Stiles to the side. Giving me a small nod towards Erica and Boyd, she'd intended to give me time with my returned betas. 

"So, where were you guys over the summer?" I asked, all the werewolves in the room at the table while the twins worked on fighting privately.

"We followed a pack out to the Rockies." Boyd told me although Erica protested. "They let us stay with them but we had to leave."

"Did they kick you out or something?" Isaac asked, his feet up on the table.

"Not exactly, no." Boyd glanced over to Erica, coming across a part in their story that they didn't want to say aloud.

Erica gave in from all the questioning eyes. "Hunters came and killed them all about a month ago. We've been roaming around alone since then."

"And you two just managed to get away?" Scott lifted an eyebrow, doubting the odds of two bitten betas surviving a hunt. "Severe luck?"

"It wasn't luck." Erica's eyes flickered past me and Scott across the room. "She gave us a clean get away." 

"Addi was there?" Isaac knitted his eyebrows together, never hearing that story from her before.

Addison was always there to save the day.

"She was with the hunters who came for us." Boyd replied, "While the two guys were shooting up the place, she told us to run. Saved our lives."

"Yeah, she's got a tendency to do that sort of thing." I commented, leaning my hands on the table. "Has she told you what's going on around here?"

"That Beacon Hills is even more of a freak show than it already was?" Erica asked boredly, "Yeah, she told us on the way over."

"Will you fight with us then?" Isaac asked, sitting up properly after putting his feet back on the ground.

Erica and Boyd exchanged a look before facing me. "We're in."

"Now that we've got that all sorted," Addi called over, standing up from somersaulting under Stiles and brushing off her jeans. "Get your asses back over here so we can keep training. We've got a lot more work to do if we're going to stand a chance."