Fourty-Nine

A/N: I've got about four weeks until I'm back living at my Dad's house so at the end of July i'll be on a little less because of packing and the week i'm spending with my brother at his base. I'll be trying my best though! Teen Wolf was crazy this week! Though, they did make the Wendigos different from the ones i'm used to. After all this time, I don't have a ship name for Derek and Addison. Suggestions? Enjoy 48! xx -Mel

48.

*Addison*

I let out a moan, a wave of pain crashing through the darkness that had engulfed me. Unable to open my eyes, I could feel a breeze rushing coolly over my face.

It felt almost like I was back in the Impala. I could feel the hum of a car and asphalt rumbling underneath me. Even Van Halen was slipping into my ears.

"Jesus," I let the daylight tear into my ears, the blurred surroundings coming into view with more clarity. Shifting, I felt leather around me. Inhaling cinnamon and cologne, I realized I was wearing his well worn jacket.

Derek's muscles tightened under his navy shirt as he glanced over and saw I was awake. "Hey." His voice was soft, flooded with concern.

"Hey." I quietly said, sitting up carefully in the passenger's seat of a car.

"How do you feel?" Derek asked, picking an aspirin bottle out of the glove compartment, "You hit your head when you fell."

"Fell?" I took the bottle from him gratefully, squinting my eyes out upon the endless, empty road in attempt to remember what had happened after the dance.

"You came out of the school, stumbled, actually." Derek turned off the music. "You looked like you were on something."

"Right." Only the stars shutting off and a blinding light were what I could remember.

"You mainly landed on the duffle, but you still hit the pavement. Wasn't a lot of blood, thankfully."

I tipped back a set of pills and furrowed my eyebrows as I noticed fully that it was bright outside. "What tim- is it seriously eleven? You let me sleep for twelve hours?

"Are you kidding? This is the first time you've moved." Derek said, half focused on the road. "There wasn't a chance to. You've been completely out the entire car ride. I had to check if you were breathing a few times."

I rubbed my forehead, still feeling lightheaded. I could feel a small cut by my hairline that had managed to heal over. "I guess I was catching up."

"Addison, how long do you sleep for?" He asked, lifting an eyebrows over at me.

"Four or five hours." I replied, watching out the half open window and leaving out that I didn't some nights. "But most hunters get less. When I'm out with the Winchesters, I get only about three. Two if it's a bigger job."

"What kind of bigger job?" Derek leaned back in his seat, peaking with a little interest.

"I wouldn't think a werewolf would want to hear hunting stories." I countered, smiling lightly over at him.

"Try me." Derek nearly laughed, waiting for me to talk. "Come on, the car a has been quiet the entire time you were out."

I rolled my eyes, "Okay, fine." Shifting to make myself more comfortable from my curled position, I didn't want to take off Derek's jacket while I thought of a story. "While I was with Sam and Dean, just before you got back to Beacon Hills in January, we were out in Michigan. Way up north. Dean made us sleep in the Impala because he got so annoyed with the practically Canadian people in the town." I laughed, remembering how he made me go into the store to pay for things. "We were hunting a wendigo that was spotted on the shores of Lake Superior. A couple of campers had gone missing after they called in the sighting of what they were sure was Bigfoot. Who doesn't exist, actually."