Fifty-One

A/N: Literal pain right now because I don't have cable. I can't look at my phone or instagram or anything until MTV puts the episode on the website. I'm terrified to find out who the Benefactor is so please don't tell me xx -Melissa

p.s. Sorry for the long wait!

51.

*Addison*

Derek held out a napkin to me as I sat down in the booth, using a finger to motion to my jawline. 

Glancing down, I wiped my skin, red staining the white fabric. "Thanks." I quietly said, setting it on the table folded over twice. I swallowed, looking anywhere but him as I took a long sip of my coffee that had cooled considerably.

Derek stayed silent like me, poking at his food with little interest. I could see he was trying to understand me, but it wasn't working. I wasn't surprised.

I had just killed someone and he was fully aware of it.

"Who was he?" Derek quizzed, his eyes flickering up to mine.

"A hunter." I said, setting down my mug. "Made bad choices. Decided to work with demons." I shook my head, already unable to hold a gaze with him. "A human on the side of demons makes a hunter more a monster than what he hunts."

Nodding, Derek didn't speak again.

Pushing a stray piece of hair out of my eyes, I focused on eating. Funny thing was, i'd lost my appetite.

Carver Irvine. A hunter gone dark side. Murdered by me. Dead. 

"Did, uh, did Stiles call while I was out?" I finally asked, having to clear my throat once i'd finished my coffee. "Out, sleeping or whatever the hell you want to call it."

"Yeah." Derek reached into his pocket, holding my cell phone out to me. "Sorry, I took it off you. It kept ringing while you were...out." He wasn't sure what to call it either. "I didn't stop to answer any of them, but I doubt they would've liked to know you were dropped by some invisible force and slept for twelve hours."

"Fair enough." I replied, having the turn the well-used device on. 

Stiles wouldn't be happy that I broke my promise of keeping in touch the whole time. 

"Do you really not know how many people you've killed, Addison?" Derek caught me in the middle of texting Stiles to tell him that I was okay and that my phone had died.

I slowly looked up, hitting the send button. "Derek-"

"Addison." His eyes were dead set on mine. "Taking a life isn't something you forget."

"If you think I don't know that..." I shook my head a little, closing my eyes briefly. 

"I don't know what to think, Addi. Honestly, I don't. You're seventeen and you don't know how many people that you've killed."

"Do you really think that age has anything to do with this? You're a werewolf and I own enough weaponry to supply an army going to war. None of our lives make sense, so why does me being seventeen have to matter?"

"I guess it doesn't." Derek put a bill on the table before looking to me. "Ready?"

I lightly nodded, getting up from the booth. I gave Lorna a hug as Derek waited for me, his eyes staying no where in particular.