Thirty-Four

A/N: I definitely should be studying for my Human Geo lesson tomorrow, but I really just feel like being on Wattpad, so, here's another chapter! Xx -Melissa

34.

*Addison*

"I mean he can't just disappear on me." Lydia said, smoothing out her straight ginger tresses in the mirror of the girl's bathroom. "We got our morning classes off since we're on Homecoming court, and the future King doesn't show?"

"It's only princesses working in the morning with the committee, remember? We spend the morning with the bitch Brittany and then Danny, Scott and Mathis have afternoon duty." I leaned against the wall as Lydia reapplied her pink lipstick.

Lydia looked at me in the mirror and narrowed her eyes. Pointing, she spun on her heel to face me. "That necklace, the one you always wear. Where is it?"

"What?" My hand flew up to my chest, the gold locket no longer between my collarbones. "Oh, no. Shit." I quickly pulled out my phone, planning on questioning Klaus.

"You wear that thing literally all the time and now you don't? Why's that?" Lydia asked, putting away her tube of lipstick.

"I, uh," I shook my head and held my phone to my ear before leaving the bathroom. "Hey, Klaus, I-"

"I'm sorry, Addison. This is Elijah." A proper English accent practically disintegrated by an American one answered me. "Klaus is with Hayley at the moment."

"Oh, sorry, Elijah. I just needed to ask Klaus about something from his visit last night." I chewed on my thumbnail, knowing every moment without my necklace put me in danger. It was my sneak attack against the supernatural, and I couldn't find it

"Is there any way I can help? You sound panicked." Elijah said, dismissing a comment from Rebekah, "It's Addison."

"The human Kol fancied?"

"Rebekah, not now." Elijah said to her, shutting a door in the background of our call. "My apologies, Addison. Please, tell me. What do you need?"

"When Klaus got back from California, did he happen to have a necklace with him? It would've been a gold heart shaped locket."

"No, i'm sorry." Elijah responded after a moment of thinking. "The only thing out of place when he returned was what I sent him with."

I sighed and leaned against a set of lockers in the empty hallway. "Okay, erm, sorry if I bothered you, Elijah." I dropped my free hand down to me side. "And thank you for the box, it's much appreciated, and needed."

Elijah laughed, "It's nothing. We both help you hunt and risk adding you to our ranks." He sighed almost happily. "You should come visit us some time. You'd enjoy New Orleans."

I sadly shut my eyes. "Yeah, I would love to visit. I'll have to call if I've ever got some time to come down."

"Do call if you can." Elijah grumbled lightly after a moment, "Yes, Rebekah. I'm sorry, Addison, but i've got to go. Do you want me to tell Klaus you called?"

"No, no, don't worry about it. Give Hayley and the baby my best." I rested my head on the wall after hanging up.

"Someone having a baby?" Lydia asked, clicking out of the bathroom a moment later.

"Yeah, a friend of mine." I stood up straight and nodded for Lydia and I to go to the gym to help with decorations. "Let's just go." 

"Call Addison!"

My head whipped around to search for the growl but the hall was completely empty besides for Lydia and I.

"Addison? Hello?" Lydia lifted an eyebrow at me as she held open the gymnasium door.

"Um, give me a minute. I'll be right back." I backed away from an annoyed Homecoming princess, soon to be Queen.

"Leaving me with the witch bitch, really?" Lydia narrowed her eyes, "Shallow, Ads."

"Oh, shut up." I rolled my eyes, "Just show her who's boss. I'll be right back." 

"Addison. Stiles, get her." It was Scott's voice that was growling, yet he physically wasn't near me.

I pulled out my phone the second Stiles called me. "What is it?"

"We've got an issue. Scott, he's starting to shift, I guess, but he needs you. Addi, his eyes are flickering red." Stiles answered with a heavy breath. "Come to the locker room, now if you can."

Clicking off the call, I quickly ran for the locker room.

How could Scott's eyes be red? And how was I able to hear him?

I pushed open the door, wincing at the audible pain. "Scott?" 

Scott's head whipped upwards, glowing red eyes meeting me.

"Oh, my God." I walked over to Scott sitting against a string of lockers. I kneeled down next to him and cupped the sides of his face. "Did you-"

"No, I didn't do anything to obtain alpha." Scott winced, the burning red failing back to brown. "It just started happening."

"He could hear you and Lydia, then his eyes changed." Stiles' eyes flickered to my neck and back up, "Where's your necklace?"

I shook my head, "I don't know." I grabbed Scott's hand as he flinched at the pain. "It's going to be okay. Stiles, call Deaton." 

Stiles stood up from Scott and tugged out his phone. Backing up, he pressed it to his ear.

Scott pulled me close enough to whisper, "You could hear me. Why could you hear me?"

"I don't know, really, I don't." I quietly replied, trying to hide the fact that even I was scared.

Scott strained, his head hitting against the locker behind me. With crimson eyes, his teeth bared in shift.

"Deaton is waiting. I'll bring the jeep around. Get him in the hall, outside if you can. One minute.

"Addison, who are you trying to kid?" Scott asked me, almost in tears from his pain. "I could hear it in your voice. There's no hope." 

"What are you talking about?" I softly pushed back Scott's hair, "There's always hope, Scott."

Scott shook his head, "Not for you there isn't. You know that. You're the one, aren't you."

"I just have a really negative out put on life." I started to stand up and I held out a hand to Scott. "Let's go fix you up, Scotty."

"Why are you like that?" Scott asked, uncomfortably clamping his hand to mine. 

"Like what?" I helped Scott pull himself up to stand.

"You put everyone in front of yourself." Scott said, wincing as the glimmer of red took over his eyes.

I pulled his arm around my neck so I could support him. "Because everyone else is more important than me." I opened the door and scooted him into the empty corridor. "Just don't worry about me, Scott."

"I could never not worry about you, Addi."

Stiles rushed back in the hallway and grabbed Scott's other side. "Deaton may know what's up." He kicked open the side door to bring us to the jeep waiting by the stairs. "Let's just get him to the clinic."

We rounded to the passengers' side of the jeep and I made sure to get him in as Stiles hopped in to the drivers' side.

"Aren't you coming?" Stiles furrowed his eyebrows at me as I shut Scott's door.

I shook my head, "I need to find my necklace. I'll have my phone. Tell me what's going on when you find out." I squeezed Scott's hand through the rolled down window. "You'll be okay, Scott." I tapped the side of the jeep, "Go now, Stiles."

Maybe Scot was right. Maybe there wasn't any hope left.