Sixty-Eight

A/N: Last night I managed to type up all of the chapters left as well as the epilogue! Which means now I just need to edit and post! Xxx -Melissa
P.s. this is a really short one

68.

*Addison*

 "You actually buried her?" Footsteps came up next to the hole in the ground. "You're full of surprises." 

Furrowing my eyebrows as I patted down the filled grave, I recognized the voice.

"Crowley said he would stop my hallucinations." I said, gripping my shovel just a little tigher. If Crowley tricked me, it was him I was going after next.

"I'm not a hallucination. Promise."

Shutting my eyes, I let out a soft sigh. "A ghost then." Lifting my head, she still looked as perfect as possible. "Hi, Paige."

"Hello, Addison." Paige smiled, standing across from me, "How are you?"

"I just killed someone. How do you think I am?" I blew a piece of hair from my face. "I'm not doing so hot."

"I hope you don't feel guilty for it." Paige said, walking a bit closer in an American flag shirt underneath a pin stripe button up. "It's not like she was innocent."

"But you were." I put down the shovel before returning my eyes to the first Ward daughter to die. "What happened to you? Rosalie said that Derek-"

"It's not how it seems, Addi." Paige's converse crushed leaves, making me doubt she was even a ghost. Few were skilled enough to be that physically present. "She made it seem like a murderous kind of deal, It wasn't. He took away my pain."

"Took away your pain?" I narrowed my eyes, "Did you get bit?" My shoulders fell, "You couldn't survive transition."

Paige nodded, "The bite didn't take. Derek stopped it from hurting me. I was already dying."

"Who bit you? Only alphas can give the bite and Derek didn't become one until last year."

"I wasn't a hunter, but I wasn't deaf. Talia Hale had a couple of visitors." Paige said, walking to the front porch of the Hale House.

"By visitors you mean other werewolves, right? Other packs in Beacon Hills?"

Paige nodded as she sat down on the top step. "Ennis, I think was his name. He was trying to get in good with Derek's mom. It didn't go the way he planned."

"Was this when the hunters were causing an issue? It was Gerard, wasn't it?" There was something I remembered Chris saying in the spring.

"And the Wards. Lots of exchanges in a hunter killing a pack member versus a werewolf taking out a hunter." Paige tapped her fingers on her knees. "Revenge was a big deal."

"Paige, is it bad?"

Paige sadly caught up with my thoughts. "It's really not."

"Addison?"

My head shot up, Derek walking towards me with his hands in his pockets.

"Why are you sitting out here?"

"I was-" I glanced to where Paige had been, but was greeted with a cold gust of wind. "just sitting." I ruffled my hair a little before pointing to the small mound of dirt at the edge of the trees. "Rosalie is taken care of."

"Why'd you take your necklace off?" He asked, standing in front of me.

"Crowley needed to hear what she was planning. He gave me the blade to kill her so I thought I could do that much." I tapped my foot absently, "I'm sorry you had to hear what she said, about the fire." 

"I'm guessing that you heard a lot worse from her." Derek said, taking the spot that Paige had been in.

"Derek." Turning to him, I kept my eyes on his. "I'm not going to make it out on saturday."

"But-"

"I'm not the Eclipse Child." I said, "It's Stiles. My mom pulled a switch and I got the demon blood but Stiles controls the moon's animals."

"You're not the one Hell wants so Mathis is going to go after you."

I nodded, "And while I attempt not to be killed, I have to try to save Stiles from being taken."

"You'll have all of us." Derek countered, "We're all going to fight."

"It'll happen during the eclipse. You'd be stupid to try. This is the King of Hell and his knight. A fist fight won't do much.

"The eclipse only lasts for fifteen minutes, we-"

'That's all it's going to take." Bringing my elbow to my knee, I put my thumb to my bottom lip absently.

"You sound like you've got a plan."

I dropped my hand, "Hold Mathis off. Distract him, I guess."

"That's it?" Derek asked, "You'll fight with him for fifteen minutes?"

"Think about it. Crowley won't do the transaction himself which leaves Mathis and lesser demons. I can give you things to take the lessers and I'll distract Mathis from taking Stiles. Once the moon is uncovered, the werewolves have full power and I'll do what I can with Mathis."

Derek didn't catch it. "Do what you can? Addi you've got the Second Blade. You can kill him, no question."

Pulling the knife from my jacket, I rolled it over. "Maybe, but maybe not." Flipping it in my hand, I offered the hilt to Derek. "I called the Winchesters before Mathis brought me the blade and they did some research." The research did include torturing some crossroad demons, but I felt it wasn't necesary to mention. "It only works once. At least, Crowley has to bless it." I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear as Derek looked over the blade. "There's no way I could get him to do it.

"Are you going to try what you did to Thomas and Heratio?" He asked, handing the blade back to me.

Pocketing the blade, I sighed a little. "If we can even managed that. We'd have to clear all the other demons out before I could send him away. Thomas and Heratio were tied up and there's a slim chance of Mathis leaving opprotunity to get him like that."

"What do we have left then?" Derek kept his elbows on his thighs absently like me.

"I try the blade, but if it doesn't work," I looked out to the woods. "then I'm out of commision."