Sixty-Four

A/N: Hell yes for making varsity cheer xxx -Melissa

64.

*Addison*

 "If he drags me to Hell, you better come visit so I can kill you." I said to Mathis, striking a match alive before dropping it into the bowl.

Mathis grinned, leaning on the table just by me. "Sure thing, darling."

"What the-" Crowley appeared right in front of Mathis and I, his back to us. Quickly turning around, his expression changed. "Come to hand yourself over, love?" Attempting to move, his smirk fell.

Grinning, I uncapped my lighter and toseed it to Crowley's feet.

Flaming up in persicion, a devil's trap appeared.

"Vodka does always do the trick." I said, moving from my spot on the table. "And I'm not here to hand myself over."

Crowley looked to Mathis with an annoyed expression, "I'll deal with you later." He returned his eyes to me. "What do you want, then?"

"To save your ass, but mainly to kill one of your knights." 

"You've already-"

"Hear me out." I cut him off, trying to save myself from the wrath of Mathis. "Rosalie is trying to overthrow you. She thinks an uprising is in order and that means your kind and Earth - your dealing ground - will be destroyed."

Crowley narrowed his eyes, "The blonde bitch is trying to overthrow me?"

"One of her followers that I killed said you'd be out of a job by next year."

"If you break this seal, I'll go kill her myself." Crowley clearly had a chord struck.

"Let me do it."

Crowley watched me with his lips in a thin line. "On what terms?"

"I just want her dead." I told him, staying stiff.

He looked to Mathis, "Any thoughts pretty boy?"

"I think she could use the second blade to do it." Mathis said, his arms still crossed over his chest. "Give her the mark and she's good to go."

Laughing, Crowley looked perfectly amused. His smile faded. "You're serious? That could kill you, you moron."

"She's got three days and she's set on Rose. I'll be fine, boss." Mathis shook it off with no problem. 

"Fine." Crowley met my eyes, "I'll give you something in return, then. Just to be sweet for those few free days you've got left."

"How kind." I sarcastically said, "What will that be?"

"I'll hold off your hallucinations."

My smile fell off, my jaw clenching slightly. "How do you know about that?"

"I've got men everywhere, love." Crowley showed no sympathy. "It's not hard to find out what's happening with the twins of Beacon Hills."

I nodded slightly, "Fine. I'll kill your competition and you keep me from going insane."

"Oh, God no. You're going mental perfectly on your own. I'm just stopping your hallucinations so you're not waving the blade around at everything you see." Crowley seemed settled, "Cut me loose and I'll go get the blade. I'll have Mathis get it to you tonight and you'll kill Rosalie."

"Done."

"Let me." Mathis stuck an arm in front of me and sat up from the table. Dragging his foot along the carpet, the burned vodka trap lost its magic.

Crowley narrowed his eyes at Mathis for a moment before snapping his finger. Without a hesitation, the King of Hell was gone.

"Looks like I get to build up anger all day." I said, clicking my tongue. "Lovely." Picking up my jacket, I shrugged it on. "I should get back to school."

"I'll take you." Mathis offered, grabbing his own jacket. "Lydia will notice if I'm gone."

"Same here." I said, "I've been a shit friend to her lately. I've been pretty bad to everyone, really."

Mathis opened the front door, letting me go out first. "I think that you trying to save a town gives you a free pass."

"Why do you say trying?"

He pulled the spare helmet from under the seat and idly held his in the other hand. "Addison, it's not hard to see that you're hopeless. Hopeless people can't win a war."

"I'm always hopeless. It's a character trait of mine." I bluntly replied, "And I can win this, even if it kills me."

And it just might.

~~~

Pulling off his helmet, Mathis took the spare one from me. "Addison." He seemed moderately curious.

"Hm?" I lifted an eyebrow, shaking out my hair.

"What are your hallucinations of?"

I hesitated, unsure of what to say. "They're nothing. really."

"Typically, you're a brilliant liar, but that right there was bloody awful." Mathis said, following me up to the side of the building. "Seriously, what are they of?"

I rolled my eyes, "History. That's about it. And it seems to have cut off something else I do."

"What d'you mean?" He furrowed his eyebrows, not catching on.

"For a long time. I've had nightmares of people, of them dying before it happens." I said, pocketing my hands as we slipped back into the school.

"Right." Mathis bit the inside of his cheek, "Mr. Harris."

"Yeah, but the thing is, I never saw Rose kill Erica. Whatever the hell is happening to me blocked it." I stopped outside of the girls' locker room. "The bell to end first period is in four minutes. Hide until then and casually join everyone for second."

"Do this often?" Mathis quizzed, "That's bad for your grades?"

I shook my head, "Trust me, I'm set on school. Just, get back to Lydia."

"Wait, Addison? Speaking of Lydia. How long are you planning on keeping her in the dark about everything?"

"She knows some, mainly only werewolves, but I repress her memories on most things." I hesitated, "But I was going to ask Allison if we should tell Lydia." I squinted at him a little. "What do you want to do?"

"I, um, I think that she should know the truth." Mathis leaned against the wall. "She doesn't even know what she is. She tells me she hears things. But she doesn't know what to do about it."

"Hearing things?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "What kind of things?"

"Voices mainly. She's convinced she's going insane, though." Mathis was ultimately concerned, "I didn't bind her again after you fixed it, so it's not me doing it."

I chewed on my bottom lip, "So, she's hearing somethng outside of Beacon Hills?"

"Or, maybe someone."