Twenty-Three

A/N: It's not weird for an almost fifteen year old to be planning a Harry Potter birthday party for herself, is it?  -Mel Xx

23.

*Addison*

      I shook out my hand, I could feel the bruises starting to form around my knuckles. I checked the time on my phone, about half an hour left until school started. I could tell exactly what it was, but something was pulling at the back of my mind. I felt like I was forgetting something.

      I used the library key issued to me by the school to spend my free time amongst the books after getting the three exorcisms done. 

      I cleaned the two plants from a window sill in the back of the library behind the plethora of foreign language books. I set my bag down by the plants before finding a book to read. Sitting on the window seat with a French copy of The Great Gatsby, I leaned back and opened the glorious book. 

      Even if it were only for a moment, the words were an escape all the same.

      "So, what are we going to tell her?"

      Lifting my eyes from the pages, Mathis was leaning casually on the shelf full of Italiano. Something about the way he was watching me made me not worry for once.

      "You could always tell her the truth, if we're talking about Lydia." Marking the page with a scrap of paper, I knew that I wouldn't get anyore reading time in.

      Mathis let out a small laugh, "Any other suggestions."

      "Well, tell me what happened. I had to go exorcise one of your pal that crammed himself into my old babysitter." I set the book on my lap, planning to check it out before school started.

      "I did think that was you. So, it's your fault I had to leave." Mathis crossed his arms, actually smiling.

      "You'd be surprised how many things are my fault." I sat up more from the window, waiting for Mathis to tell me what i'd missed.

      Mathis let out a breath, "So, you left for your 'walk', I listened to Lydia talk about Homecoming and then my father called me about Robbie getting taken out of the werewolf."

      "His name is Peter." I told him, dropping my phone into my bag. 

      "For some heartless hunter, you sure care about those furballs." Mathis blinked at me a few times, not getting a proper reaction fro me. "So Robbie got kicked out of Peter and my dad calls me to the house. Last thing Lydia should remember was her telling me that she's worried you're going to beat her out for Queen."

      I rolled my eyes, "Right, because that's so like Lydia."

      "I'm not lying." Mathis shook his head, "And she was for a good reason. You're gorgeous, funny, kind, mysterious. You're troubled yet you manage to make everyone else believe you're alright."

      "You were saying that Lydia shouldn't remember." I completely ignored his drawl and lifted an eyebrow at him. "Why?"

      Mathis rolled his eyes at me, "Yeah, I did my little demon magic and she fell asleep. I put her up in her bed and left."

      I stood up from the window ledge and I picked up my bag. "Lydia drank too much. Crowley left my empty glass by hers, so we'll tell her that she passed out on you. You put her in bed then headed home." I went around to the back of the counter whilst Mathis stayed on the front side. "I came back from my walk, ran into you and you told me what was up. I went in, got my bag and left." Logging on to the server, I scanned my books so it wasn't missing fro inventory.