Five

A/N: Can't say i'm very excited about starting school, mainly because it takes up a load of writing time. Then again for the next couple weeks I don't have work so i'll try and make up for it then! Hope you all like this chapter, it tells a bit more about Addison but'll still keep you guessing! Any theories are welcome in the comments! Xx -Mel

5.

•Addison•

      "So you're telling me that your mom was a hunter?" Derek asked astoundedly.

      "And amazing at it, aparently." She was a hunter and a bit of something else. I chose to change the subject, "When you asked why I said 'banshee' last night," I found the page in mom's familiar scrawl. "Derek, I figured it out." Our eyes met, "Lydia. She's a banshee."

      "The Wailing Woman." Derek said under his breath, confirming it.

      "I think that we can use this to our advantage." I shut the journal and looked up to Derek, "Should we tell her?"

      "I think that she wouldn't accept it, so she might be less willing to help." Derek said, thoughtfully tapping his knuckles on the table.

      "Thing is, it's nature to her, whether she likes it or not. Over the summer when she found that body, she was driving us to the movie store and we ended up in the woods. She didn't even know how we got there, it was like she was in a trance when she drove us two towns over. She can't help it." I bound up the leather strap along the front of the journal. "She'll help us even if she doesn't know what she is."

      "Where are you going?" He asked, his eyebrows knitted together.

      "Not me, we. Get up." I hopped up, heading for the woods.

      Derek scrambled to follow me out of the back door, "What are we doing then?"

      "I'm bringing you into my world, wolf boy." I jumped over the metal fencing and into the woods, my black duffle bag waiting on the other side.

      "What does that mean?" Derek got over with ease and stuck by my side.

      "Can we use the Hale House?" I asked, careful of the subject of the fire.

      "For what?!" He shouted, growing flustered.

      I don't think he even realised that I was doing what he always does. Big plan, little words and nearly no answers.

      "I'm going to show you what I do. You can help me." I knew that he'd do it and that he was the only one that could let in for the time being.

      "For God sakes, Addison." Derek grabbed my shoulder and forced me to look at him. "What the hell are you going on about? Help you with what?"

      "That." I swung underneath Derek's arm and twisted the wrist of the man coming quickly behind Derek.

     The blond's harsh eyes went pitch black, "Hi there sweet cheeks." He glimmered cockily.

      "Afternoon." I held my knife to his throat and his arm behind his back, the demon unable to get away cleanly. "Mind joining me?"

      "Do I have a choice?" He grinned grimmly, batting his eyelashes at me.

      I glanced over to Derek, his eyes wide. "The house, right."

•Derek•

      Addison pulled the man from my grip and tossed him under what she called a Devil's Trap. "Who are you?" She spat, unclasping a flask, a wide range of weapons and vials on a table near by.