Nineteen

A/N: Hope you've all had lovely holidays! I just got back from my Dad's and I can't say i'm overjoyed. I did miss the cats, though... Anyways, I actually quite like the chapters to come, and i'm making it my new year resolution to be better at updating! Xx -Mel

19.

*Addison*

      "Lydia, you don't need to campaign." I assured Lydia through the mobile pressed between my ear and shoulder. Fastening the strap of my nude mary janes, I let out a puff, "Really, Lyds. Already in the bag, promise." Standing up from the edge of my bed, I held my phone in one hand and tugged down at the hem of my pale pink skater dress. "I'll swing by after church to get it." Moving to the vanity, I checked my hair again, the abundance of curls in a side ponytail. "Promise, but I have to go. Love you too." I dabbed on the pinkish lipstick before blowing Lydia a kiss and hanging up. 

      "Spectacular, that hand of yours." Stiles remarked, standing in the doorway decked up in tan trousers and a blue button up. He'd been crying. "Why all the bracelets? The cuts aren't even there anymore, and there's not a bruise in sight." Acting beyond himself, Stiles glared at me as he spoke.

      I slid the pearly bracelet on, adding to the decorative stack. This, was one of the last things I wanted to talk about.

      Instead of arguing or even discussing it, I stood up, now meerly and inch or so shorter than my brother. "Church, shall we?"

      As I passed Stiles, he inwardly made a 'pft' noise, clearly annoyed of the lack of answers that he was getting. Thankfully, for the time being, he left my magical recovery in it's silence. 

*

      "Morning, Sir." I shook Pastor Norrix's hand with a friendly smile.

      "Always glad to have you, Addison." Pastor Norrix held his loving, fatherly stance. "Suppose you have more excellent pieces for today's service?"

      "Of course, Sir. As always." Moving Pastor Norrix away from Dad and Stiles, whom'd taken a seat in the empty sanctuary. "Do you think I could ask a favour of you?"

      "Anything, dear." Pastor Norrix said, looking at me intently.

      "When you greet everyone as they come in, I have to ask if you could include a discrete word. Christo." Glad not to see him jerk or twitch, I continued. "If someone reacts oddly, can you write their name down?" I produced a purple ink pen and a small book with blank pages. "In this, if you could."

      Pastor Norrix hesitantly took them from me, taking in a small breath and asked no further questions. Nodding his head, he eyeed his watch and then the piano. "I'll return it to you after the service with whatever I come up with."

      "Yes, Sir." I meant to move away, but Pastor Norrix grabbed my arm. "Yes?" 

      "It's the angels, they're worried." Pastor Norrix squeezed my hand. "Ezekiel, he's been talking to me, and directly to me it seems." Looking at me knowingly, he lowered his voice. "More trouble is coming. More than you can handle. He knows that you're strong, but you can't do this alone." 

      "I know." I replied softly, "I'm not alone, not really."  Sending him the best smile I could muster up,  I walked between the pews and to the grand piano on the stage.

      As the sanctuary slowly filled, I played the welcoming tune. Holding my phone between my shoulder and my ear, I waited for Derek to answer. Chewing on the inside of my cheek, Derek made no move to pick up. Finishing the morning piece, I hid away my phone and silenced it.