Thirty-Nine

A/N: Did really well in my Latin tournament this weekend! I'm currently writing chapter 61 of this story and I think that i'm roughly close to the end of the entire fic! This one is short but i'm going for a double update tonight! xx -Melissa

39.

*Addison*

I blinked reflexively, a thick light coming into focus. "Jesus." I muttered, my head throbbing.

"Look who's finally awake." Mathis' father smiled grimly at me. "Lovely to see you again."

"Heratio." I said, feeling blood matting my hair down as well as trickle down my cheek. "I have to admit, seeing your lifeless body was much nicer than this."

"Aren't you just darling." Heratio sarcastically grinned, "But it seems you weren't paying close enough attention earlier." He motioned a hand out, Chris tied up in a chair across the room. "I borrowed him for a little while. And of course, I couldn't have anyone babbling the secret." Moving a hand to the other side of me, Derek was tied down to a chair with electrical ropes that took away his ability to shift. "And the loose ends of course." Allison was stilled in the fourth chair across the room. "So now, there's a question to be answered."

"And what's that?" I asked with slight annoyance, "How many people can you abduct before someone notices?"

"Cute, but no." Heratio crouched down in front of me. "I know it's you. So my question is if you'll make this difficult or not." He dabbed a towel against the wound on my head that he gave me in Chris' body. "Either you can come with me willingly and serve your purpose, or i'll drag you there."

"I'll take option number three please." 

"I personally don't know your brother very well, but you're both annoyingly sarcastic." Heratio assessed, standing back up.

"I think you've not thought this out very much, Heratio." I amusedly watched his expression change. "It was a nice try though."

Heratio narrowed his eyes, "What are you talking about? You're brave to question me."

"Again, it's not bravery, it's stupidity." I smiled, "But you made a huge miscalculation. Maybe even obtained some memory loss."

Heratio angrily looked down at me, "Then remind me."

"If it's me, then i'd have some sort of powers, right? I mean, normal ropes wouldn't be much use, now would they?" Taking a moment to think on it, I imagined the ropes untied. And without much hesitation, the ropes slipped off as if someone had taken them off for me.

Heratio reflexively back up from me, only for Allison to use both of her ankles to pull one of his feet from under him.

I stood up from the chair and kneeled down next to Heratio as he attempted to get up. "I think you need to answer a few questions for me."

*

Chris tied Heratio down to the chair I had been in with holy watered ropes. As Derek held the chair behind him, I painted a devil's trap on the ceiling with spray paint. 

I knew all of them were looking at me differently, but I tried to ignore it.

Both Allison and I backed off after I finished, the four of us leaving Heratio in the centre and alone.

 Standing directly in front of him, I crossed my arms. "It didn't seem to take you very long to get out of the pit." 

"What can I say? I'm special." Heratio smiled with audible annoyance.

"Very special, Crowley mentioned." I replied, "Told me that both you and Mathis are knights. His very own knights of Hell."

"Not to mention the others of course." Heratio said, lying back in his chair. He'd given up on fighting.

"How many are there?" I asked, knowing Crowley never gave an exact number. 

"Depends. Originally or currently?" Heratio asked, sounding bored.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Allison asked, standing closely to her dad.

"One of them is in Purgatory." Heratio glared at me with dark eyes.

"Thomas." Derek said from my side, "The one that tried to attack us in the woods." 

"Congratulations. You sent one of my sons to Purgatory." Bitter, he spoke through clenched teeth. "It's the only reason the rest of us are here. The other two couldn't handle a couple of stupid teenagers." 

"So there's four of you?" I said, growing even more curious of the unnamed knight.

"Three, now, you smart arse." Heratio grew impatient with me.

"Who's the third?"

Heratio laughed loudly, shaking his head at me as he did. "Stupid girl."

I rolled my eyes and pulled the knife from against my ankle. Without hesitating, I boredly slammed it into Heratio's thigh.

Although both the Argents and Derek winced, I couldn't be bothered as Heratio screamed from the pain.

I ripped it out and crouched down to his level. "Who's the third?"

"You'll find out soon enough." Herato spat, nearly growling at me. 

"I'd like to test that." Jamming the knife into Heratio's other thigh, I didn't let go of it. "Who is it?"

Heratio shook his head again, grimacing. "You're wasting your time, love."

"Am I?" I twisted the knife, feeling it go down through the bone. 

Heratio swore angrily, shaking from the pain. "No. I won't tell you."

I dragged the knife further up his leg. "I could just take off your leg. It won't kill you." I smiled at Heratio. "Should we try again?"

"God, Crowley can't wait to get his hands on you." Heratio said viciously, "He loves turning hunters into his own bitches."

"As in multiple. What other hunters?" I asked, twisting on the knife again.

Heratio clenched his teeth, "You're not getting it. The other knight," He grinned, "She was one."

I stopped dead, my eyes wide. Standing up, I clenched my jaw.

"What is it? Is something wrong?" Chris asked, not catching on.

"Oh, yes." Heratio smirked, "Be guilty, Addison. She-"

In a fit of rage, I jerked Heratio's head upwards and pressed my palm to his forehead. The room practically lit up, everyone but myself flinching from it.

"Strike a nerve?" Derek asked, stepping back as I pulled the knife from Heratio once his body was limp. 

Taking a towel near by, I cleaned off the blood that had started to stain my weapon of choice.

"So you know the third knight?" Allison asked as I put the knife back into my boot.

"Very well." I stiffly said, standing up straight. "It's Rosalie."