Twenty-One

A/N: I've got a Latin Club competition tomorrow and i'm actually super nervous! I think the decathalon will be the hardest, but the Greek life might be a bit too. Wish me luck! Here's 21! -Mel Xx

21.

*Addison*

      "Please, sit." Crowley offered a hand towards the arm chair I was in earlier. "Let's chat." As he sat himself in the chair across from me, he folded his hands together.

      "That's how you'll break me? A talk?" If I were ever to test my boundaries, now would be the time. "That's kind of pathetic."

      "You've misunderstood me, love. I don't mean here and now. We both know you're not getting in upstairs, so when you die, whether it be weeks from now or decades, you'll come to me. When I get you, then I will break you. I'm sure you know what Dean Winchester went through. That'll only be the half of what i'll personally do to you. Call it repayment for killing my pets."

      "Ah. Slightly less pathetic." I smiled over at Crowley, finding myself completly calm. A steady heartbeat and a sick sense of security.

      "Only slight, Addison?"

      I blinked repetitively at Crowley with no flicker of changed emotion. "What can you possibly do that I don't do to myself?"

      Crowley curiously narrowed his eyes at me, unsure of what to say next.

      But I didn't give him the chance to.

      "Trust me, I get it. I die however I do, I come down to roast on the rack, get poked for however long, then boom, you have yourself a new demon to serve you." I clicked my tongue. "If you hold power that long, that it." Smiling, I waited for the rebuttle.

      "You're just fearless, aren't you, little missy?"

      "Stupid may be a better title, but yes." I answered, giving him a sarcastically friendly grin.

      Crowley smiled, finding himself laughing. "You've certainly got a spark in you, that's for sure."

      "Nice to know you think so." I said blankly. "Where's Lydia?"

      "The banshee?" Crowley shrugged, "Isn't there some rule that hunters shouldn't be mates with their toys?"

      "This is different. I've been friends with her since forever, long before I started hunting." I defended, "What did you do with her?"

      "Nothing yet, darling. Just holding her. Well, actually she's just upstairs sleeping. Mathis was called out when you pulled Robbie from good old uncle Peter. You really have an issue befriending the supernatural. Lydia, Scott, Isaac, Erica, Boyd, Peter." Crowley smiled with more of smirk. "Your fluffball Derek."

      "Look, you obviously wanted to talk about something other than the friends I haven't gotten murdered-"

      "What, you think I'm here to talk about Rosalie?" Crowley asked with a lifted eyebrow.

      "I didn't- it was the d-"

      "Demons, yes." Crowley pointed to me, "Demons checking up on you, dear girl. It's entirely your fault she's dead." He shrugged, "Not your fault she went to hell though. That was on her." He tapped a finger on his thigh and shook his head. "Shallow, that one. Ten years for beauty."

      "Rose sold her soul to you?"

      "Think back, way back. The start of your eigth grade. She was different after the summer, wasn't she?"

      Stiles opened up my bedroom door, rolling his eyes as Rosalie pushed past him.

      "Bye." Rosalie smiled at Stiles before shutting the door in his face.

      I nearly missed it, her action to Stiles, since it'd been a while since i'd seen her. It was unlike her to even look at him, she was always too in love with him to show it.

      Squealing, I had jumped up from my latin copy of the fourth Harry Potter novel. She was possibly the only person who could make me put down a book. I used to even make Mom let me finish my page.

      "You're so tan!" I held her out at arms length, something very different about her.

      Rosalie fluffed her straight firey red hair that used to be a blob of frizz no matter what she did with it.

      Her freckles were gone and her eyelashes were fuller and perfectly curled. She was at least ten pounds thinner and her chest definitely wasn't that big the last time I saw her.

      "What happened to you, Rose?" I asked with a smile. "You look so different."

      Rosalie shrugged, white teeth grinning at me, "Guess it was just my summer this year."

      "She became instantly popular, didn't she?" Crowley asked, "Perfect hair, perfect body. All for her soul collection in ten years."

      "But she died within two years of your deal. That's not how things work."

      It was true though. Since I was already in with Lydia, I was more known than Rosalie. But once eigth grade started, suddenly Rosalie was way up there next to Lydia. Of course, they hated each other, but everything had gotten ten times better for Rosalie.

      "She was collected early." Crowley replied nonchalantly. He pointed at my half empty glass from earlier, "You going to finish that?" He snapped his fingers, the glass suddenly appearing in his hands.

      "Deals are meant to be solid, Crowley. She was supposed to make it to twenty three." I couldn't even fully grasp what he was saying.

      "No, no." Crowley waggled his finger, "Loopholes, darling. Accidents do happen. How I want customer confidence, Rose was non related."

      "Oh, wow. You're trying to tell me it was an accident that two demons busted into her family's summer home and that the sound of ripping her heart out was just Rose tripping into his hand?" I nearly shouted, anger boiling up inside me faster than I could hold it.

      Crowley blew out a heavy breath, "You're missing the big picture, love. This wasn't about her, it was about you. Their orders were to collect you and she was just something in the way."

      "Guess i'm lucky the Winchesters were already on their asses by then, right?" I asked with a hit of venom in my words.

      "Lucky for you, yes. Compromising for Hell, though." Crowley sipped on my drink. "Trained you into a bloody hunter." He shooked his head, "It's not like them. I never thought that they'd agree."

      Leaving out a key detail, I kept it simple. "Their dad owed my mom a favour."

      "How sweet. Dead people really do bring everyone together." Crowley set down the drink before standing up. Leaning down infront of my chair, he focused on me. "I'm getting impatient with you. Now, we can make this draw out a few more weeks, or you can tell me now who is who. Which one of you controls the moon?"