Chapter 27

A/N Enjoy guys... 

I didn't answer his text message. I chose to go back to sleep.

Morning came and I woke up feeling good and relaxed. Ang gaan lang! Ang saraaaap! I did what I needed to do.... cook, prepare JD for school and set up the table for breakfast. Without notice, I loved doing these things despite the fact that most of my days as a mother I was away from home, away from my son.

JD and I were settled in when Edward came down from the stairs.

'Good morning son.' with a kiss on JD's head. Don't get near me Edward. Don't get near me...But he did. He put his arms on my shoulder and leaned down to kiss me on the cheek. 'Babe, good morning.' his breath reached my nostrils and it smelt a mixture of toothpaste and that of Edward's addictive natural fragrance... oh so tempting that I wanna put my arms around him and kiss him back... on the lips. But no, I should stick to what things are supposed to be... keeping myself away from him... no more emotional attachment, much more physical. I invested so much and most of which were put into waste. This time, I'll take my guard on high alert.

When breakfast was over, Edward and JD headed outside... towards the car.

'Edward sandali...' I called him. 'Thank you for spending most of your time with us yesterday. I really appreciate it but please....please don't act in front of our son as if something's special is going on between us.'

'Are you suggesting we'll have that special kind of thing behind his back instead?' he grinned.

What? Here he goes again... always trying to trap me.

'Front or back, just don't do it.'

'And you want me to believe there's nothing special between us? Is that what you're trying..'

'Edward, please' I cut him off. 'there's no way we can get these things any further. I'll let you spend time with JD until such time I can get a stable job.'

'"These things" Mary Dale.... I repeat, you said "these things" and we could do a lot to make these things better for the three of us.' Sana ginawa mo na... noon pa. May ginawa ka nga, hindi pa kaaya-aya.

'No Edward... I don't think there'll ever be three...'

'Let's make it four then, what you think?' when I thought he was just teasing me, I got it wrong. I could sense the seriousness in his voice.

'Ugggghhhh!!!! Mababaliw ako sa iyo.' I was too desperate that my voice couldn't fake it.

'Don't stress yourself babe, let's take one step at a time. All I ask is a chance.'

'You screwed up all the chances Edward. And I'm done.'

I heard his heavy sigh.

You screwed everything a long time ago... the moment I saw you with Heaven in your condo and the moments you still have with her until now... especially the one I just recently witnessed.

'One last chance...' he pleaded.

'After that scene in your office? Only a fool can give you that.'

'So... if by chance, you'll get a job, you will then leave me and take JD with you... and what's next for us? Break us all apart?'

'Everything is already broken Edward, di pa ba halata? Pag makakita na ako ng trabaho at makalayo na kami dito, I will grant you visiting rights din naman. I'm good at sharing by the way, if you haven't notice it yet. In fact I mastered it without making too much effort.' Read between the lines Edwardo, alam kong nag-uumapaw talino mo.