Adjusting

Zak shifted in his bed before finally giving up on any idea of sleep. Lifting himself from the sheets, he headed through his home where the faint sound of noise came from his second office. Sighing he slipped inside to find Billy fixated on the screen.

"Get any sleep?" He asked not looking over at Zak.

"What do you think?" Zak grumbled in response, slouching down in the cold leather office chair.

Billy's sigh hung in the air "It's been a week bro."

"I know that." Zak grunted rubbing his head trying to relieve the heavy headache which had settled in.

"Have you rang her?"

Zak lifted his head "Who?"

"Haven, of course." Billy tutted.

"No. Why would I?"

Billy paused the footage "Because you need to see her, obviously."

"No I don't." Zak retorted dismissing the idea instantly.

"You've been miserable and unable to sleep. Most would say that's a guilty conscious."

"Well I wasn't the one thieving, was I?" Zak threw back. Billy shook his head unimpressed with Zak's attitude on the subject of Haven. He, himself could see the impact she had on his friend. But Zak was too blind to see that in the small amount of time she had been here, that Haven had quietened the beast.

"But was she? You didn't check the footage." Billy reminded him.

"I didn't need too, it was in her bag."

Billy rolled his eyes. "It's lucky I still have faith in the woman." He muttered turning his eyes back to the CCTV footage that was paused on Haven's face.

" He muttered turning his eyes back to the CCTV footage that was paused on Haven's face

Haven POV.

Stay positive. Stay positive, it's going to be okay. Things will wor-

"You good for nothing slut!" The man yelled causing my body to flinch as the sound of glass reverberated off the walls in the small dank motel.

"Screw you! And that bitch!" The woman screamed back with just as much anger.

Stay calm.. They will quieten down..

It was hard to believe that this time last week I was sat in a mansion of a house, laughing, smiling and spending time one of the most beautifulest dogs in the world..

Looking at the mouldy pickled walls, I pulled my jumper around me tighter to try and stop the damp and smell from filling my lungs.

I looked to the windows, begging to open them up and let the fresh air in, but the last time I opened them at this time of night, the drunk from next door tried to climb inside thinking it was his room. Now they remained closed.