The first and the last

My legs were working of their own accord, they knew where they needed to go and where I needed to be in those moments.

Workers who were occupied with their computer screens slowly began to look up at me with concerned looks on their faces. However my eyes were trained ahead, not daring to look at them in case I saw something about them I couldn't handle. Because the images I had seen had been distorting peoples face since I left the museum. I needed help, I needed a sense of security and safety.

"Excuse me? Excuse me ma'am you can't go in there. Ma'am you need an appointment!" A woman hurried after me.

Pushing open the office door I found the room occupied by men all donning suits and one woman sitting at the end of the table writing. The room fell silent as the man doing the presentation turned with widened eyes.

"Haven? Ha- What has happened?!"

"I need help." I whispered as tears rolled down my cheeks.

Like an unspoken rule, the meeting ended instantly and the men left one after another as Joe came over holding my face.

"What's happened? I-Is that blood?" He asked looking at me.

"Joe." The woman spoke behind him pushing her hair off her shoulder.

"Leave Zoe."

"Jo-"

"I said leave." He snarled making her eyes narrow at us. Her face contorted into something evil making me lower my eyes from her face as she gave me a sneering look.

"Tiny?" Joe whispered as I stifled a cry at the familiarity of my nickname.

"Something has happened.."

Zak's fist pounded on the door, his body vibrating with energy as he awaited an answer

Zak's fist pounded on the door, his body vibrating with energy as he awaited an answer. As soon as the door opened a crack, he pushed himself in.

"Where is she?!" He asked looking around the apartment for his small assistant.

"You son of a bitch!" Joe shouted swinging angrily at him.

Zak dodged the fist and pushed Joe against the wall "Is she here?!" He asked angrily.

"I'm not telling you shit! You're a fucking freak!"

"Is she here?! She is hurt Joe!"

"I know that! What did you do?! She won't speak!" Joe struggled trying to remove Zak's arm from his chest.

Zak stepped back letting him go in an attempt to defuse the situation "Where?"

"You're not seeing her. You've done enough damage." Joe spat putting himself in front of a door.

"Is she in there?"

"Get out the apartment now. If you have hurt her, fame or not. I'll ruin you."