Commitment check 1

Dreaming of lazing by a beach, sipping a cocktail whilst an Adonis build man fanned me. I was dreaming of a gentle breeze, warm sun and a dog earred paperback awaiting my attention as I basked in the ray.

I was dreaming of luscious waves and a-

What the hell is that? Is that a phone? No I don't want my phone. No. Phone disappear! Stop ringing! Stop!

My eyes opened and the dream faded fast leaving me with the shrilling ringtone deafening me.

Slamming my hand around, I grabbed hold of it and answered groggily.

"Hello?"

"I- I need your help! Come quick!" Zak spoke.

"Zak?" I questioned wondering if I was dreaming this.

"NOW! Hurry up!"

The phone went dead leaving me to pull it away and blink. Without a seconds thought, I was thrashing the duvet off me and scrabbling for my shoes and an armful of clothes. Deciding clothes would take too long, I left my room in my sleep shorts and sports bra. I pushed my feet into my shoes trying to see around the dark apartment when my eyes landed on a New York Giants football jersey.

God bless you Joe.

I snatched it up and pulled it on letting it fall over my body before grabbing my keys and purse.

Pulling up to Zak's house, my mind had already concocted several scenarios.

1- He had done something stupid.
2- He had hurt himself.
3- Gracie was bad.
4- He had been taken ill.
5- He had killed someone at home..

That last scenario made me question my action.

Letting myself into his house, I found Gracie chewing her bone happily in her bed. Not Gracie..

"Hello?!" I called out before making my way into the kitchen. As I walked in Zak appeared from the pantry.

"Oh good you're here. I- what are you wearing?" He asked taking on my choice of outfit.

"It's 1am. I'm in PJs. What's happened?" I asked.

"That's yours?" He asked staring at the football jersey which swamped my body.

"It's Joe's shirt. What's going on?" I pushed, grabbing my hair up into a messy bun and placing my hands on my hips waiting.

"Right. Whatever. I need to get some things. I forgot some groceries, I need you to drive me."

"Right now?" I breathed in disbelief.  I was woke for groceries?!

"Yes I need it."

I rubbed my eyes free from sleep "But it's 1am?"

"Are you refusing to do it?" He asked.

"N-no. But you're dressed and still up. I just.. I was asleep."