Bitter rivalry

I stretched out my arms in bed hitting a body beside me, I didn't have to guess who it was from the cologne.

"Why?" I asked instantly.

"Because I can, you won't kick me out and your bed is comfy." Joe muffled into a pillow.

"You're a massive pain in my life."

"Uh huh. Course I am." He replied pulling me into his warmth.

"Yeah, terrible." I nuzzled drifting back towards a light sleep.

"I had a bad day yesterday." He announced making my eyes creak open to listen to his problems, because I always went to Joe with mine. It was only fair I returned the favour.

"Did you?" I asked.

"Hmm. Investor pulled out, think I've got another but the stress.."

I took a look at him properly as it was the first time he has ever admitted to being stressed about work, in the past he has mentioned a long day  but never mentioned he was stressed about it, then I noticed he was still half dressed.

"What time did you even get in?"

"4am."

"Crikey Joe." I replied as he grumbled when I sat up slightly.

"Think Drew has some girl over. That or he's was watching porn really loud." He informed me.

I tutted shaking my head whilst looking at the whiteness of my ceiling. "How was your day?" He probed.

I scoffed "Different."

"How so?"

"Zak is nice to the cleaner, I'm now only his assistant, and he said thank you to her. Which he has never said to me. And I also fell asleep at work. He covered me with a blanket and left me a note about lunch."

"He made you lunch?"

"Yeah."

"He almost sounds nice."

I lifted my brow "He also added that he wasn't paying me for the last 2 hours because I fell asleep at work."

"Asshole." He changed making me smile. "You wouldn't have been tired if he didn't ring you at a stupid time."

"I know."

"How about we lay here all day and forget the world. Just sleep and eat our weight in junk food?" He suggested.

"Absolutely... Not. You know why?" I asked making him shake his head. "Because you will moan tomorrow or the day after that you have to work twice as hard at the gym. Also as soon as you have eaten the junk, you will moan about it. So no. We are getting up, I have a day off and so do you."

"What are we going to do then? It sounds like you have my day planned already." He replied looking at me.

"I'm glad you asked... We got to go grocery shopping."

I laughed as he groaned loudly pulling the duvet over his head. "I don't want too..."

"Yes you do. Come Joey!" I sang getting up and pulling the bedding off him completely.

"I hate you." He declared throwing me a disgruntled look.

"You love me really. Shower, go."