Thirty

30.

*Addison*

I quickly stood up, absolutely terrified. What i'd just done, it left me with a feeling I hadn't felt in years.

Scrambling out the door and down the stairs, I grabbed Lydia's arm. Using my clean sleeve, I wiped away any tears that had begun to form out of fear. Fear of myself. 

Lydia followed behind me as the rain fell down, soon breaking out into a down pour.

Watching the ring of wolfsbane muddle away with the rain, Lydia curiously eyed it. "I put that there." She sounded dreamy, as if she were on drugs. At the moment, she was practically a vegetable. "Hey, so question." Surely, she sounded like she had when she was on those pills from when she witnesses Peter coming out of the video store. "How come you have all those bullets and stuff?"

"Because I hunt monsters." I nonchalantly replied, glancing around us.

Lydia giggled, "I'm going to get beat out at Homecoming by a monster hunter."

"No you won't. You always win, Lydia." I told her, surprised to hear her say anything close to that.

Lydia shrugged, her eyes wandering off as the jeep's rumbling engine came into ear shot. 

"Guys!" Isaac called to get the other's attention as Lydia and I came out. "She's back."

"Hey." Lydia drawled, pointing a limp finger at Derek. "I shot you. Twice." 

She had been the one to shoot him before too.

I rolled my eyes at her as I grabbed Lydia's shoulders. "Ignore her."  Walking her over to the jeep, I looked to Derek, who easily noticed something was off with me. "Can you take Stiles home? I need to get Lydia back to her house."

Derek nodded, ushering for Stiles to get in the back of the camaro.

Stiles threw me the keys, not arguing as I had Lydia climb into the passengers' seat.

I rounded the front of the jeep, thankful no one asked me any questions. I pulled myself into the car and started up the jeep. Backing out as Derek's camaro went one way, I drove in the opposite direction.

"So," Lydia rolled her head over to me, "What happened upstairs?" 

I shook my head, focused out on the road. "I wish I knew."

"Oh, how come I always show up when there are dead people?"

"You're a banshee." I glanced over to the dazed girl, only getting a nod from her.

"Damn." I muttered. I knew Missouri taught me a couple tricks, but this was working pretty damn well.

Hopefully, she won't remember any of this. 

Pulling the jeep into Lydia's driveway, I snapped my fingers at her. "Damn." I mustered a believeable laugh. "I think that's the last time we go to that night club." I pretended to examine her face by holding her jaw lightly. "You were so gone. Lesson of the day: Don't take a joint from a guy named Don."

Lydia laughed, her face extremely confused, "Right, yeah."

"It wasn't really like you, but Homecoming stress and all." I was way too good at this. "Want me to walk you to the door?" I asked, motioning to her house.

Lydia shook her head as she opened her car door. "No, i'm good." She toyed at her hair for a moment in thought before climbing out of the jeep. "See you at school tomorrow." She simply said, shutting the door behind her.