Ghosts?

The forms stood on Inej's ship, the crows stared at the random people, Jesper broke the silence. "Mom!" The woman rushed over to him, a blonde group went to Matthias and a another cluster to Nina but what surprised them the most was a 25 year old boy. He leapt and tackled Kaz to the ground. "Lil' bro!" He squealed, snuggling his face into Kaz's neck. "Jordie?" Kaz croaked, the boy grinned. Kaz tightened his grip, burying his head into the older boy's shoulder. Two other individuals crouched by him. Inej watched these reunions with a smile.

"You died though..." It was Kaz who said the puzzling question. The figures all flinched, "were here for a limited amount of time." A woman who must have been Kaz's mother reassured. Her eyes were a warm topaz and she had the same ivory skin as Kaz, his hair was darker like his father though. The groups were conversating, when Kaz broke over to Inej.

"Hey" he murmured. "Hi" Inej said, turning to him, a small smile on her face, Kaz was wearing a grin and for once his eyes were bright with happiness. Inej loved the look, it saddened her it would only be here for a limited time.

"What are you doing over here?" Inej asked, eyes turn into his family who were talking with Jesper. "Because you looked lonely. Why don't you come visit." Kaz offered offhandedly, he looked over at the sound of a crash, seeing his older and a tiny bit taller brother smiling guiltily. He sighed.

"Sure, why not."

This is not my favorite writing but I can't go any further with it. Not my favorite but I like the idea.