Cruising on the sea part 2

Inej woke to pitch black. Why was she up? It had to be late. Why was the room moving and why was it oh so warm? Oh, wait. Inej remembered. She was on a cruise line, her room had no windows, today was her birthday and she was sleeping beside Kaz.

Speaking of Kaz, she thought as she felt his lips trailing along her neck. It left tingling energy where they touched and Inej knew if he knew she was awake he would stop, so she tried to act asleep, his lips traveled over her weak spot and she forced herself not to sigh contentedly, and luckily she didn't."Mmmmm..." Inej mumbled appreciatively, her body going lax, not wanting him to stop. Drat.

"Finally your up." He rasped, a hint of amusement in his tone. "What's the time?" Inej asked, rubbing at her eyes in the darkness as Kaz pulled away from her, though she wanted to cry out at the loss of contact. "Wait.. Can I get a good morning kiss?" Inej asked playfully. He laughed, grumbled something about high standards and crawled onto the bed again, pulling her out from under the covers. Inej gasped as the cold air hit her exposed skin. He pressed his warm lips to hers, she pulled herself closer to him in hopes of stealing his warmth. "Happy birthday, my queen." He purred, Inej shivered.

Kaz had accumulated many names for her, often times his Wraith or love, but occasionally he would call her his queen, in reference to his promise of being kings and queens. "Don't remind me Kajo.." Inej grumbled. Kajo was a Ravkan name meaning handsome, but was the name of the too clever fox. A fox who reminded Inej very much of Kaz, and soon he was given that nickname or if he was really annoying her she called him her little fox, despite him being taller.

"I don't see why you make such a big deal out of it Inej?" He sighed, holding Inej close to him even after the kiss ended, which she appreciated. "I don't know, I just don't see the need to celebrate it, everyone gets older." Inej complained, "its the same as why you don't celebrate your birthday I'm sure." Inej huffed, Kaz arched his eyebrow. "Your mother died on your birthday too? How interesting." Kaz said flatly, Inej scowled at him, tugging herself closer to him and him closer to her. "Maybe not the exact same reason.." Inej grumbled, storing the new information away for later discussion, she would have to get him to celebrate if he made her do so.

"Come on let's go get some breakfast." Kaz purred, nipping on her ear before pulling away. "Someone actually has an appetite?" "For food or you?" He teased flirtatiously, walking over to the corner where his bag was to find a new shirt. "Food." Inej huffed, blushing. "Well, I suppose after you forced me to start eating more I managed to find my appetite, yes. Now you have to deal with it too. Get up, let's go!" He grumbled, impatiently. "Fine, fine." Inej laughed, finding him utterly adorable. She got ready and the two walked the deck, the sun just streaking across the sky.

Hardly anyone was up, clearly use to waking up with the sun. They walked in to find the staff bustling around in the kitchen, smiling and working hard. The couple smiled and Kaz grabbed a table near the window. They grabbed plates of food off of the empty buffet lines, Kaz occasionally sneaking up and stealing something off of Inej's plate, or vise versa, just happy to be near one another.

Inej was slightly surprised by the new behavior. Kaz was usually crabby and deadly when he woke up, hair mused from sleep into a wild style that Inej liked and eyes glaring down at the table or floor. She found him cute, sometimes even hot, when he was like this, but this go lucky and smiling Kaz was quite amazing too. As they finished and thanked the staff Inej tugged on Kaz's arm to get his attention as they strolled to the elevators, for Kaz's sake. "Can we go and relax in our room for a little before we go off to the island today?" Inej asked, clinging to his arm, he smirked. "Why of course, my queen." He said with a charming smile that had a devious twist and melted Inej's heart.