🎃🔪Happy Hal- i mean, Holidays 🎃🔪

Modern AU

Nina sipped at her wine, watching the red liquid around in her glass. Staining where it touched.

"I purpose we throw a party," Nina informed the other crows who had reverted to their own worlds on separate couches, murmuring quietly to one another, her voice brought them back.

"For what? It's a little late for Halloween." Inej reminded her, not moving from her place completely leaning against Kaz, not even lifting her head from his shoulder where she tucked half her face into his neck. He seemed relaxed, a loose arm around her waist. His shoulders still seemed tenser, but mostly at ease.

"It's never too late for Halloween!" Jesper shot back like he might be rallying for a revolution.

"Jes, Halloween's tomorrow night. There's no way we can pull it all together by then." Wylan piped in, poking his cheek gently.

"I say we do what all good businessmen and woman of the sales department do." Nina announced, Kaz rose an eyebrow "and what would that be?" he drawled quietly.

"Merge all the holidays into a lump celebration!" Nina cried, raising her glass victoriously, the others shot incredulous looks, but it was Kaz's rasp that broke the others quiet disagreement.

"Nina, are you really willing to give up all other celebrations and parties to one lump celebration?" Inej nodded seriously, Nina rolled her eyes.

"No, it'll be a week long! Clearly having days set mainly for one season, but they'll still all be together." Wylan furrowed his brows in confusion as Jesper and Inej nodded, Kaz making a less obvious but still confused expression in his own way, face remaining blank.

"Im in." Inej said easily, Nina nodded approvingly "that's three for the holiday lump."

Wylan spluttered, "how so?"

"Well, Me, Inej, and by default Kaz." Kaz looked up and frowned "hey!"

Inej giggled, tucking herself against him. "and you will be coming." Kaz's response at the girls antics were was to roll his eyes, muttering quietly under his breath with little resistance. Inej kissed his neck and he made a guttural noise deep in his throat, eyes fluttering briefly, Inej smiled and gifted a peck to his jaw, before turning to face Nina, snuggling herself close to Kaz. Nina grinned victoriously at the two of them, Kaz sighed, unable to resist. He pulled her a little bit nearer and held her close.
Nina glanced to the others in the room, Jesper nodded. "Alright, lets do it." Wylan shook his head, but Jesper kissed him reassuringly, and offered to do so as many times as Wylan got worried.

Making a lump holiday, is in no case easy. There was plenty to do, and never enough hands to get it done.
However, the mismatched holidays across the house was rather pretty, when it was done. There were certain rooms dedicated to different seasons and after they finished decorating, and slept for about a days worth of time and lazing, the party began. Kaz and Inej were inseparable, and would be in any of the rooms at any given time. Inej had completely invested herself in the idea, and Kaz trailed behind her with a soft smile as he watched Inej's joy. Meanwhile Jesper was getting all stoked. Tomorrow they'd be celebrating thanksgiving, and then there'd be a free holiday- and then they would celebrate saintsmas with gifts.
Halloween had been that day.

So, after a few hours to themselves, Nina called them all to the Halloween room. She, Jesper, and Wylan were dressed in costume, Kaz and Inej had refused. One stating he was already a monster, and that Inej was already a saint. She smiled and rolled her eyes, but nodded along. Nina has dressed as a witch, Jesper a vampire, and Wylan dressed up as a mad scientist.
The Halloween room, was just the entertainment room, walls coated in fake blood and help me stuck to the windows. Spider webs had been stretched over the top of the room and came down the sides. Large plastic spiders hung dangerously nearby, and a skeleton was leaning against the tv.